THE RENDITION!

RLB

Now THIS is a Knife!

Ordered it on the 10th and got it today (15th). Not bad from California to Southeast Missouri.

OK comparing it to my cqc10, it's about a half inch or so longer in the handle. And the blade on the Rendition is just a tad longer than the 10.

The handle, where it makes a dog leg bend is just a bit longer and bends a bit more than on the cqc10.

The hold close detent is quite a bit stiffer than on my 10, but again that might be because it is well broken in.

So far, after just Admiring it, I really like it. Kinda wish Mr. Emerson could have shaved off that extra half inch, but if he did then the blade probably wouldn't hve been as large. It DOES fit my hand quite well (I wear a medium glove size) and the end does stick out past my hand when gripped in a saber grip and for sure in an Ice Pick grip, same in a hammer grip. You aren't gonna find this thing coming out of your hand. It might seem a bit large for EDC, but I think it will work nicely since all I wear is Jeans 99.9 percent of the time. It's a REALLY nice knife, and for those of you who can't get one of these signature blade, you WILL be happy when he comes out with the non signature series blade which I can not imagine him not doing
It's not a small knife, but it should carry quite well and just oozes "Confidence". This will become my new EDC blade to accompany my Ruger SR1911CMD duty weapon. HOPEFULLY I will never have to use either one for UNSOCIAL reasons, but if a reason does happen, Mr. Emerson's newest Signature Series blade will NOT be lacking.

Last edited:
I do like the design of this knife but it looks very close to the Journeyman, maybe a little more pointy at the tip. If I didn't have a Journeyman I would have picked one of these up.

I just went and looked at the Journeyman and you are pretty correct. BUT I think the "Hump" in the handle of the Rendition may be just a wee bit more pronounced. And yes the Rendition is pointer and doesn't have as much belly as the journeyman. Close call either way I reckon.

Here is my reasoning for getting the Rendition.
1. It has a Beefier blade than the Spec War (the ONLY thing I don't like about the Spec War is the at least to me wimpy proportion of the blade). I think it should have been wider. The blade just looks to small compared to the handle to me. I LIKE the blade size of the Rendition, as it compares favorably with my cqc10, which I love.
2. It's a "Special Edition". I guess from what I read and what is marked on my knife there will only be 65 of the Signature Series Renditions. Did I pay more than the (I am sure forth coming) regular production Rendition? Probably, but that's OK with me.
3. I was wanting another Emerson anyway. :)

To me, no matter how much or how little you pay for a knife, IF you feel satisfied with the deal then it's OK.

I like the Rendition, especially since the journeyman has been one of my main work EDCs since I got it in 2011. The wider blade on the Rendition and more aggressive pointed blade style is what sold me on this design.

y4mnNbnnGJWr_IcFO-DUyP107iiON_di-HWT3nVLUePJ3Z8cvIDUVjNh_vC_r5lg6Ch3CEah0f3hcx1eO_v9_Gngc1yvDpZs5fcoC8Ff7htZ9zx_ctQsC9vJf51n8o7ThxENUrDEV7oHQqYlLrADUJbX8Ot6a07Y2Wb8k3s1j9M8i5X7-ACW4sQVXjCljISJgZatzqad5lmhlLjayaPzJeXYA

OK, did a Red Neck mod to my Rendition today. Sure do hope it don't void the warranty. ;)

I took some 180 grit sand paper and went to town under the clip where it actually touches the handle. I went just enough to kill the aggressiveness of the handle leaving just a touch of "Grip". Comes out a lot better now and doesn't try and pull the whole pocket out with it. Oh and after playing with it for only two days it is a LOT smother opening now. I decreased the tension on the pivot bolt opened a couple times, found out it was to easy for my tastes and tightened it back up ALMOST as tight as it was. It's just the way I like it now. Wave opens it easily and the thumb stud works the same way. I can open it up with thumb flick only or with the thumb and a wrist flick. I like My Emerson knives! :) AND you don't have to worry about this bad boy coming open in your pocket. The close detent is quite heavy, it ain't gonna come open unless you want it to.

Oh and thank you harvey 554 for the picture!

You could have just eased the tension on the pocket clip a little.
Take the clip off
Bend gently with pliers
Reinstall.

Yeah I know, but I have messed up a clip before and didn't want to take a chance. The Sand paper worked perfectly, just knocked off the points of the G10.

I posted a pic of the Rendition on post #4. It's the knife on top with a used Journeyman on the bottom. But maybe you're asking for pics of the messed up clip haha!

:D

I posted a pic of the Rendition on post #4. It's the knife on top with a used Journeyman on the bottom. But maybe you're asking for pics of the messed up clip haha!

:D
Nah, it's a badass knife. I really dig it. Congrats on scoring one.

Back