1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

The Watches CRK People Wear...

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Fferrell1, Aug 21, 2011.

1. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Not a watch but I keep this clock on my bench, has a multi bit driver and a 6" ruler on it for when I'm workin' on knives.

[​IMG]

I should windexed it before I snapped a shot, I'll have to get another pic up.

HST likes this.
  2. peterbright

peterbright Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

Its time has come.

HST likes this.
  3. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    BEMnandi_DC_TBird.jpg

wantalot75 and peterbright like this.
  4. wantalot75

wantalot75 Basic Member Basic Member

May 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

Signalprick and wovivi like this.
  5. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    Nice! My dad loves his G-Shock!!!

6. Wrobelan

Wrobelan

Aug 28, 2011
    Maui Jim. Don't leave home without them!!!

7. James Longstreet

James Longstreet Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2014
  8. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

Sorry, all my pics are gone thanks to PhotoRANSOMWAREbucket's greed. I have even been paying them for several years for a "pro" account - they are scum IMHO.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    ganagati and peterbright like this.
  9. Signalprick

Signalprick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2009
    An older atomic solar Mudman for work and the Ti Shogun for leisure.
    20170712_194834.jpg

James Longstreet likes this.
  10. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    @bhyde and 'Forumites,'

Is it OK, if I show my real watch with fake Chris Reeve knifes? I'm just wondering where the line for intellectual property and trademark infringement is on this sub-forum?

I do not own any fake knives or anything, for that matter. What makes a CRK is the maker and the same is said about anything else. It's odd that some are willing to pay for the exclusivity of a name and its product and cheat others intellectual property at the same time.

I have not pointed at anyone and I'm not pointing at anyone specific. I just want to try and understand the rationalizing...

In a world ('knife world') where the name and maker means everything, it seems odd that doesn't translate into all matters of 'eclectic' procuring.

If this causes a sh#tstorm - please - just delete my post.

11. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    PSX_20170715_160702.jpg

12. ganagati

ganagati Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2011
    The answer to your first question is obviously rhetorical, and needn't be asked. I would agree with your concern if you're seeing fake watches here. If you've seen some, maybe a message to the moderator would be warranted?

Edit to add a watch photo. Keeping in line with the seiko trend:
    [​IMG]

13. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Never been able to wear a watch at any point in time..I guess the cell phone serves that role for me.
    Anyway, the point is, I am not an authority on anything watch related other than some brand recognition here and there..

My personal stance on this is that fakes/clones and homages are hurtful to the IP owner, no matter the form..Knives, watches..It doesn't matter.
    This goes for this subforum- The rest of the site would fall under a little different purview with moderators and or Spark making the decision..but in this subforum, I won't tolerate them.
    Point them out and I will remove them..but as I have stated, I am ignorant to what is fake and real in the watch world.

Nrthfce, ganagati and RyanRaben like this.
  14. nick800

nick800 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2016
    IMG_7775.JPG

James Longstreet likes this.
  15. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    It's obvious you've seen a pic with a fake watch or several. I'm like @bhyde, I don't know enough about watches to know the difference. Evidently you do.
    Did it ever occur to you, that maybe, the poster of the fake watch doesn't know it's a fake. A PM to inform them would be helpful, if they get all pissy, report it.
    Now, if this was a watch forum posting knives, I'm sure any fake watch would be recognized immediately. But, since this is a knife forum posting watches, a fake CRK would be called out immediately.
    @HST folks have bought fake CRK's and not known it. There's several threads that address such purchases by honest people that are not as knowledgeable as some. I would rather know if I had a fake watch as opposed to thinking it was real and looking foolish showing it off.

16. nick800

nick800 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2016
    Who posted a fake watch?

17. HST

Apr 2, 2015
    I refuse to point, but with almost absolute assuredly, they know what they have. There's some non-exsitant configuration watches being shown. It's that simple for most of them.

I will not point them out, so I will shut up. I will let conscience be their guide or their own further research (99% it isn't the latter).

@Ajack60 The reason I didn't say anything to the people wearing them is because they already know. They usually enjoy having people compliment them knowing they're fake. Think of it like this, "Sebenza" clones being called a real Sebenza by noobs. Total win for those guys...

@bhyde I agree about this sub forum and your conclusion. It's why I asked you first before I posted. Moreover, we're buying a brand and its prestige here and it seemed odd that that didn't translate into the rest of the world.

I have my first CRK on the way. I will post it immediately here with a watch. I also have two factory ordered and waiting like the rest.

Thanks for the honest answers and the back up of integrity regarding intellectual property. Sorry I'm a little late, but last week was exhausting.

18. James Longstreet

James Longstreet Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2014
    I am not a fan of this kind of "I know something, but I won't tell." To me this is kids behaviour.

You seem to regard yourself as an expert but then you are fearing an open discussion? This is an internet forum and not a secret brotherhood. Every knife (or watch) people are posting here can be discussed. Otherwise people should not post their babies over here. Simple as that. So if you have to make a comment on a certain watch shown ..... and it seems that you are having a strong pressure inside to do so ..... well then go ahead and say what you have to say.

Just my 2c.

19. HST

Apr 2, 2015
    I am by no means an expert. I buy these watches and know the brands. Their Ambasadors invite me to their social events. I'm an enthusiast at best, however, I'm an horological fanatic.

The reason I'm not going to point fingers, because that's childish. I find your comment childish, not understanding that I don't want to point fingers. If you wanna know that bad, look at some legit models of the models being posted here - it won't take long.

@James Longstreet Make no mistake, I said what I had to say. I don't care, if you're satisfied with my replies.

I will make no more comments, about this subject. I'm over it, as I hit "Post Reply."

20. craniotes

craniotes Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Okay, Longstreet, you've got 48 pages to rifle through, so best get started.

While you're digging through the crates, here's a pic to get us back on track:
    [​IMG]
    (Yes, there's a cartoon dog on the dial of this Omega...)

Regards,
    Adam

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017 at 6:24 PM