This guy needs banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
A thread was locked down (don't know by who) in the Lion Steel forum concerning the HEST folders. I guess we'll have to get news of the whereabouts of the knives from Peltons personal website.

That was my thread, and I closed it.

Spark said to chill out last night, and that looked like it was going nowhere good.

That was my thread, and I closed it.

Spark said to chill out last night, and that looked like it was going nowhere good.

Probably a good call after what happened. I may attempt to ask the status of the knives in that forum next week after the crowd has dispersed so to speak.

Well to be honest, if you're a manufacturer of goods and you want to have a presence on the forums, hire a PR person who can be professional in all situations. People are human and they get upset, yes, but if you really think it's important to micromanage forum perception of your products why don't you just hire someone to do it professionally?

It's not logical to think this way, but people associate the quality of the individual who makes a product with the products quality, and if they perceive the individual as being of poor moral quality they might look down on your product. A negative perception can severely impact the sale of goods for the worse even tho the product is of high quality.

Jeff Randall doesnt have a pr person on the forums. Its him posting, and I dont see him getting his panties ina bunch when someone bashes his products. It makes me sick to believe that Jeff even made a knife for this guy.

DYP claimed that he doesn't suffer "cowards" but in every instance, it was his behavior that seemed most cowardly.

The fact that we can't even read the concerns people have about his products (because he removed every bad thing anyone has ever said) is a real disservice to the community and his customers.

Yeah, OK, he goes to war zones and eats bugs to survive. Nobody claimed he isn't tough.

But he also started a business. How he conducts himself in THAT world is what is at issue, and he has proven that he doesn't have what it takes.

Wow this is an interesting turn of events. RYP seemed like a decent enought guy. In the business world if you can't control your temper hire a PR guy as a previous poster said.

He needs to take a page out of the Jeff Randall book. Jeff is always conversing on the ESEE forums and speaks his mind but is never offensive or inappropriate. If an ESEE knife isn't right for your needs he'd be the first on to tell you not to buy it and he welcomes all criticisms of a knife as a way to improve it. Half the reason why I buy ESEE's is because I know the people behind the product are good honest folks. Now I see why ESEE and DPX split.

Wow this is an interesting turn of events. RYP seemed like a decent enought guy. In the business world if you can't control your temper hire a PR guy as a previous poster said.

He needs to take a page out of the Jeff Randall book. Jeff is always conversing on the ESEE forums and speaks his mind but is never offensive or inappropriate. If an ESEE knife isn't right for your needs he'd be the first on to tell you not to buy it and he welcomes all criticisms of a knife as a way to improve it. Half the reason why I buy ESEE's is because I know the people behind the product are good honest folks. Now I see why ESEE and DPX split.

^^^same thing I said about 4 posts up. Jeff would never sink that low.

If I were Ren,I would be freaking livid!!Posting someone elses personal Information like that is unforgiveable!

DYP claimed that he doesn't suffer "cowards" but in every instance, it was his behavior that seemed most cowardly.

The fact that we can't even read the concerns people have about his products (because he removed every bad thing anyone has ever said) is a real disservice to the community and his customers.

Yeah, OK, he goes to war zones and eats bugs to survive. Nobody claimed he isn't tough.

But he also started a business. How he conducts himself in THAT world is what is at issue, and he has proven that he doesn't have what it takes.

I've just been watching this implosion with amusement until I saw RYP call Ren a coward, and then go to post his wife's information online...

That is as cowardly of an action as any human can do, to try and set others to go after your family. No "man" would even think of pulling a move like that.

I've been to several places that RYP writes about, even worked for some NGOs and UN outfits, nobody I've met seems to recall any hero named RYP.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight, as I am not familiar with the subforum.

So this fella launches a knife project and is the mod on said forum.

Mod powers include the ability to edit other posters' replies (including negative posts), ban members without peer (other mods) or Spark review, have access to member personal info, and potentially being able to steer the subform to your own personal agenda.

Sounds like being drunk with power in your own little fiefdom...

Where do I sign up? :D

I can see why he is "the last man standing". No real man would want to stand with him.

It must suck to have everyone ditch you in the middle of a war zone. Especially if there is no cellphone service and he can't call a taxi. Apparently, this sort of thing has happened a lot. Rather than learning from his mistakes and trying to behave better in the future, he decided to put a positive spin on it and use it in his marketing campaign.

Robert . . . you weren't the sole survivor of multiple battles. People keep ditching you paces because you're such an annoying twerp.

It must suck to have everyone ditch you in the middle of a war zone. Especially if there is no cellphone service and he can't call a taxi. Apparently, this sort of thing has happened a lot. Rather than learning from his mistakes and trying to behave better in the future, he decided to put a positive spin on it and use it in his marketing campaign.

Robert . . . you weren't the sole survivor of multiple battles. People keep ditching you paces because you're such an annoying twerp.

Soldiers typically don't like dumbshits who go out looking for trouble. Kinda makes other people dead.

Let me get this straight, as I am not familiar with the subforum.

So this fella launches a knife project and is the mod on said forum.

Mod powers include the ability to edit other posters' replies (including negative posts), ban members without peer (other mods) or Spark review, have access to member personal info, and potentially being able to steer the subform to your own personal agenda.

Sounds like being drunk with power in your own little fiefdom...

Where do I sign up? :D

Says the guy named ADD. :p

No class, no respect and no clue...

Screw him. He won't see a dime of my money. There's no place here for that kind of behavior.

Friday night was very interesting. Dramatic to say the least.
The DPx forum was locked and then edited.

Other than the obvious suspension of posts in the DPx subforum, will there be any other official consequences from Blade Forums? An official announcement on the status and future of RYP, DPx on Blade Forums?

Is there any other fallout? I have seen several posters say they have canceled their order or will be sending there knife back which is fully their right to do so. Have any dealers taken any action in the wake of Friday night events?

I am not advocating one way or the other for any specific action or inaction. I respectfully defer to those with the facts and the authority to act as they see fit. I am merely seeking the public disclosure of any decision reached by Blade Forums, & dealers, etc. so I can make up my own mind on what to do going forward based on more complete facts.

Thank you

the internet is so interesting. One can add friends with a click of a button, delete said friends, piss off people, get entire forums hopping mad, all with the click of a button..........

here in the real world however............much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back