Threating banishment.

This thread is not going to turn in to a free for all. I don't care what happened with Luis G. or why one person is butt hurt about something said in W&C. Jump in to this thread will silly hijack posts and you will get points.

You are talking about my response to you in this thread that is now locked and has been moved from the CRK sub forum to the GB&U.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1047589-Kevin-John-knock-offs

The "drama" is in the last few pages for those that wish to see this non event, but the whole thread is some what telling. Our friend(s) here seemed to just pop in to that thread once in a while to stir it up as you can all read for your selves. The truth of the matter is clear to see for all.....

As the title would imply I have a moderator threating to ban me. I have received no warnings nor infractions. The particular moderator and I have never seen eye to eye but lately it seems he has a bigger beef with me than normal. There was recently a hate thread started about me due to my beliefs of clone knives. That doesnt bother me. What bothers me is that certain members participating in that thread are poking and prodding outside of that forum. Some have insulted others have told me not to post in their area of the forum. I was under the impression that this was an open forum for all knife lovers. Not just those who have a certain belief and/or value system. The threat of banishment came about because there was a topic opened in the CRK sub forum specifically about Kevin John knives and i felt there was some inaccuracies and I wanted to post in the topic as seen here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...Kevin-John-knock-offs?p=12209024#post12209024

One of the members who dislikes my opinions stated this

"I find it hard to see what you think it adds to the thread. Many of us do know what is going on and understand exactly what is "right or wrong" about it. You however are quite obviously not one of those people so perhaps you should refrain from posting on the subject".

I then said this in the thread.

Can we not do this here? There is a place for your drama and you very well know where it is. I have every right to post my opinion anywhere I have access even if that means 100% of the people disagree with it. You could simply ignore it but you choose to make an issue of it. The only thing YOUR post adds is drama. You and your friends will hopefully learn sooner than later that it would be best to simply ignore me if you don't want to read my opinions. Because every time you pass up the option to do so, your only affirming what everyone knows, that you like the drama and it's a source of entertainment for you. I would say that you having over twice as many posts in whine and cheese vs. any other area of the forum pretty much confirms that. So please, keep your whining where it belongs.

I honestly didnt think this was out of line. My original post wasnt directed at him and I wasnt even promoting or encouraging the purchase of these knives. Others knowing my beliefs have come at me in other threads but have since deleted or edited their comments. Another member stated in my hate thread in the whine and cheese subforum took the argument there saying that he had every right to post what he did and that i should stay out of that sub forum.

the moderator seeing this threatened to ban me if I keep acting the way I do. So basically this seems to sum it up

1. I post opinions in various threads that many may not seem to agree with

2. A hate thread is opened where people express their disagreement in which both members, moderators and Myself participate in.

3. I continue to voice my opinion even though its unpopular seeing no warnings or infractions were issued nor was I informed any rule had been broken

4. People start taking their issues out of the hate thread and start trying to bring the argument to the threads I post in

5. I'm threatened with banishment for my actions

I understand not liking me. I understand not agreeing with me. But threatening to ban me when i haven't broken any rules? is that what bladeforums is about? We have members that their only purpose here is to sit in whine and cheese and hurl insults. They contribute nothing in the way of substance to the forum. While I do have many opinions that are controversial I try to contribute in a positive way as well. And it seems a little bit abusive of power to tell someone to shut up on a certain topic or I will be shown the door. If someone wants to come back and claim that it I'm intentionally rocking the boat I say they are wrong. I'm not looking for a fight. I'm not typing anything in hopes of a reaction outside of whine and cheese. And while I'm not looking for drama I don't understand why i should have to NOT share my opinion on a topic simply because its not what the majority would agree with. Everyone has the right to not agree with me. They have the right to dislike me. But I didnt know that meant I couldn't speak my mind.

Here is the thread started about me in regards to my position on Clone knives and counterfeits. The thread was not started due to any bad dealings with anyone and is simply a matter of a conflict of opinion and the lack of me keeping quiet about my views. The last page is where Im threatened with banishment if my actions (which havent violated any rules) continue.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...DC-is-a-total-dumbass?p=12224242#post12224242

And if disturbing the peace of the forum is my crime against the community I would have to argue that I didnt cast the first stone.

Nevermind. Not worth it.

Last edited:
Not to belabor my accurate statement that "There is a warning about W&C but their poison has spread to the whole community. There are NO safe areas here any more. I think it's a shame that the Moderators don't do something to clean it up." but when I see stuff like this: "and STFU if you don't have something meaningful to contribute..." COMING from a Moderator, it sorta proves my point. THAT was meaningful, eh? I'm thinking of the "Glass Houses" quote about throwing stones right now. Foxes running the henhouse? I won't bother to address the other off color comments. I'm not into useless endeavors.

It appears to be systemic problem that starts at the top and spreads, and not just a W&C issue.

Aside from some of the obviously great members here the 'ignore tool' is rapidly becoming one of my favorite things at BladeForums. It's a good thing for separating the "wheat from the chaff". I would suggest expanding it into a 'totally blocked tool'. Then you wouldn't have to deal with all the "This message is hidden because XYZ is on your ignore list" comments. Just saying.

I really like knives. The other stuff, not so much. :)

This isn't about you. You have been here for about 20 mins so you will have to excuse people for not taking your critical examination of the forum as a whole seriously in any way.

As they say, read more and post less....

Not to belabor my accurate statement that "There is a warning about W&C but their poison has spread to the whole community. There are NO safe areas here any more. I think it's a shame that the Moderators don't do something to clean it up." but when I see stuff like this: "and STFU if you don't have something meaningful to contribute..." COMING from a Moderator, it sorta proves my point. THAT was meaningful, eh? I'm thinking of the "Glass Houses" quote about throwing stones right now. Foxes running the henhouse? I won't bother to address the other off color comments. I'm not into useless endeavors.

It appears to be systemic problem that starts at the top and spreads, and not just a W&C issue.

Aside from some of the obviously great members here the 'ignore tool' is rapidly becoming one of my favorite things at BladeForums. It's a good thing for separating the "wheat from the chaff". I would suggest expanding it into a 'totally blocked tool'. Then you wouldn't have to deal with all the "This message is hidden because XYZ is on your ignore list" comments. Just saying.

A very wise man once said this about the ignore feature:

"If your relations with the membership who post on this subforum are so poor that you have a significant number of them on ignore, you have no business addressing the subforum at all. You have defined yourself as unable to deal with its dynamics."

What bothers me is that certain members participating in that thread are poking and prodding outside of that forum.

Thats not the case here.

You are talking about my response to you in this thread that is now locked and has been moved from the CRK sub forum to the GB&U.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1047589-Kevin-John-knock-offs

The "drama" is in the last few pages for those that wish to see this non event, but the whole thread is some what telling. Our friend(s) here seemed to just pop in to that thread once in a while to stir it up as you can all read for your selves. The truth of the matter is clear to see for all.....

Yes, if you read the whole thread you will see who brought the drama. PURPLEDC thinks he was being poked and prodded because of things that happened it the W&C. That is not the case at all.

Haze's reply had nothing to do with the W&C. He has had over 1,800 post in the CRK room, and had a few in that thread before PURPLEDC showed up. PURPLEDC had a total of 3 post in the CRK room before he jumped into that thread.

There was no reason for PURPLEDC to bring up how often Haze post in the W&C in that thread. We don't need that kind of drama in the manufacturers forums.

You often do not agree with others PURPLEDC, and people often don't agree with you. I hope you can realize people are not following you around trying to proke and prod because of anything said in the W&C. That is not happening.

You don't have to pay to participate. You have to pay to do business here. If you like the other sites so much better....the "log out" button is in the top right hand corner of your screen.

If you have specific comments that relate to this thread topic, please feel free to share them. If you're looking to simply gripe about the site, you should start your own thread.

I'm not sure if you noticed Morrow's reply to you above.
I posted it again in case you missed it. I hope you will come to enjoy this site. Its a great knife forum.

I warned you PurpleDC. Doesn't matter what the rules say doesn't matter what rights you have they honestly dont give two flying bacon slices if you are the worlds most interesting man or a $15,000 Bladeforums donators (beard attached and all): mods are here to keep the peace by any means necessary if that means banning someone even if they haven't broken rules. That's what they have to do.

First of all: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=faq_infractions_lists#faq_faq_infractions_custom

Let's face it - we can't write out every rule. As such, if someone truly finds a new way to act out, we'll issue a custom infraction or a different point total for an existing one.

This is used at our discretion. If you act in a polite, courteous manner, you don't have to worry about anything. If you act like a petulant, spoiled child, troll, try the mod's patience or otherwise act out, well then it sucks to be you

This infraction may be issued as a warning, with various point totals.​

And also: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=699&a=98

SECTION 6 - Miscellaneous
1. If any rules seem contradictory, the more stringent rules apply.
2. WHEN IN DOUBT, ask the moderation staff.​

Are these threads of this member really necessary? Like his opinions, or not, ban him or not, but entire threads. Seems like a lot was said on both parts. The threads like "purpldc is a ..." are attacks, nothing more. The mods, with respect, needs to outlaw these. Either way respect to all in this thread.

Steampunk

Karda, you have completely missed the point I was making. The 'ignore list' allows me to have NO relationships with those I choose to not associate with. Make no mistake about it, It IS my choice to make. Nobody else's. Are you really going to pass judgment on me for choosing the company I keep? Really? I can tolerate "poor" relationships just fine. Not a problem. Abusive relationships, on the other hand, should always be ended ASAP. No one can argue that point. There are thousands of members here and I see 'ignoring' a few of them as no issue at all. I have clearly "defined' myself as unwilling to swim in the sewer. Nothing more than that. "unable to deal with its dynamics"?? That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I also don't like vandals, wife beaters, thieves, burglars, and most everybody else displaying bad behavior. I have no intention of dealing with their "dynamics" either. If that makes me a weak or bad guy in your eyes - so be it. I ran out of cheeks to turn a long time ago.

Ken44, thanks again.
I did see that Moderators comment and found it to be largely self serving and pointless. I know where the exit is and how to log out. I also know how to start my own thread. I believe my comments to be quite relevant to the topic at hand. They address the senseless bashing and trashing that goes on and on and on. I do like the other sites as well as this one. He seems to imply that if I don't like this site 'the best' I should leave. Great PR work.

In addition to Esav's post above, This should also be noted:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=faq_infractions_lists#faq_faq_infractions_custom

The moderators at BFC are unpaid volunteers. They donate their time and energy out of a love for the community.

When you sass, backtalk or otherwise give them hell, you make an already difficult job even less enjoyable. So, instead of that, we're going to remove you from the site. If you can't be polite, leave.

Please take time to read the posted forum rules:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=746&a=98
http://www.bladeforums.com/copyright2.shtml

Are these threads of this member really necessary? Like his opinions, or not, ban him or not, but entire threads. Seems like a lot was said on both parts. The threads like "purpldc is a ..." are attacks, nothing more. The mods, with respect, needs to outlaw these. Either way respect to all in this thread.

Steampunk

That thread(not threads) you speak of is in the W&C. They are not going to outlaw that forum. People don't have to go there if they don't want to.

They address the senseless bashing and trashing that goes on and on and on.

I've been here for years and don't see what you speak of. If you're only talking about the W&C all you need to do is stay out of that forum.
This thread isn't about the W&C. He started it about a Mod.

Ban, then sleep - problem solved...

Tomorrow is another day...

He seems to be trying desperately to make him self and his opinions the centre of attention here, just ignore him as he is doing to all of us. :p Someone that has been here for a month and just happened to stumble upon a thread calling out a troll and trouble maker in W&C really has no say in any thing about this forum or its members.

I've been here for years and don't see what you speak of. If you're only talking about the W&C all you need to do is stay out of that forum.
This thread isn't about the W&C. He started it about a Mod.

Our friend PURPLEDC has very much made his bed here and now he can sleep in it. Dragging me into this silliness is fine, I couldn't care less what he thinks of me or tries to imply I'm doing. The members here that are familiar with me know full well what I'm about. He is making no friends or positively influencing any body by doing this.

I use tapatalk, so when I login it was always on the main page. I did not realize it was in w/c; I assumed( I know lol) all could see it. I offer apologies, for not looking deeper. With respect.

Steampunk

Steampunk

I couldn't possibly agree more with this.

Back