Tiger

Am new to the Strider crowd, just picked up an EB/C at TAD. While there I saw a Strider Tiger. I have done the requisite searches first for info about this knife, but have found nothing on the forum.
This is an unusual blade shape and was wondering if someone could explain for what and how it is used. I understand the traps, but what would the pronounced recurve be used for? I almost ordered it, just for curiosity sake. Perhaps it is not sold yet (though a Strider at TAD does not last long):)

fe42d13c.jpg.orig.jpg

Also, what are "CQB" grinds. Seems like I should know this already, perhaps I am having a "Senior moment". Am always trying to learn.
Chok Dee
Rad

Rad,
Welcome to our madness. The Tiger was originally designed for a videogame as a prop model. It is designed for fighting. Just my opinion, but it is the Strider interpretation of a Gurkha Kukuri. CQB is Close Quarter, usually seen with a C and not B at the end for Combat, so I am guessing it is for Battle. It is still available from TAD according to the site.

Hope you enjoy your Strider, we like our,
Reed

Reed-Thank you for the info. Interesting origin for a knive.
I think I will pass on that paricular model at this time.
Does any one actually own one of these and has used it?
Rad

Reed,

You are correct CQB does stand for Close Quarter Battle - this is the term in use within the UK military.

Anybody know which video game?

Regards,

Ed

Hey Guy's, the name of the video game is called EXTERMINATION and it was made for Sony PS2 !!! Awesome game and the knife is used by the main charecter as one of his primary weapon's !! He uses it to slice and dice diff. type's of enemy creature's and to break lock's off of door's to gain entry to an assortment of room's and hallway's among a few other thing's !! Great game and the guy's a BAD ASS with the knife !! I'm sure he made STRIDER proud !!!

Take Care, Mario C.:D

OK all, I might be talking out of my ass on this one, but as my Tiger is sitting on my desk in front of me, why not...:cool:

The 45 degree cant of the blade gives it khukri like chopping ability (to an extent, for a 6.75 inch blade...) The subsequent lowering of the point allows one to execute a thrust with a more relaxed wrist.
The scallop on the primary edge, with its thick grind and non edged teeth seems to contour the wrist/forearm area quite nicely. It could be used for scooping/passing a limb, cutting it in the process. The serrations on the spine could be used in the same capacity, to rip/cut the offending limb on the meet or pass.
And the drop-leg kydex rig for it is great for comfort and speed of presentation. Now to figure out where to wear the got-damn thing...

Anyway, given my limited training, that's my two rials on the subject. I'm sure Mick or Duane could elucidate its design better than I.

Ryan

It really looks like a <a href="http://www.szaboinc.com">Laci Szabo</a>'s <a href="http://www.szaboinc.com/edged.html#uuk">UUK</a>.
I wonder if it has been the inspiration for this one or if it's another modern interpretation of a khukri.

Okay wait!!!
The Tiger was adapted for, not designed for, a video game.
The first was made as a series of custom pieces for an individual whom you don't want to have anything to do with.
Its fun to play with. There is a lot of sickness involved in that thing.

Talk to you soon

Mick

Thank you Mick for supplying the finer points on the history of this the Tiger.
I notice that it is still available and I keep returning for another look at it. The more I look at it though, the more I realize that It would require some serious training just to be able to use this knife, much less use it to its full capability for what appears to be not only a defense usuage but some sort of evil offensive cutting. Perhaps if someone were to volunteer to teach me, and provide an appropriate victom in light of the current news, I would reconsider buying one.
Rad

Good god almighty:eek:
Just finished (well sort of, have more things to try now) putting my EB/C thru its paces. Do other people know about these knives? I wish that I had known about Strider (was it even being made then?) when I was in the Marines 3 decades ago. This is just a little knife, but it works much, much better than my old K-bar or MC machete. I got a wee bit upset while at home upcountry and had a go at few objects. The EB/C was handy so I grabbed it first. It demolished an entire stand of bamboo, 3 chickens, PVC pipe which raised sparks from the stones below. I checked the edge (was a bit tired by then) and touched it up free hand with the fine triangle stone from sharpmaker (about 30 seconds). The relatives were impressed, and so I handed it over and it came back an hour later. They had used it to chop 2X4, and 4X8's being used to build a new house. After another 30 sec of touch up on the edge, we all sat around drinking lau whiskey and marveled about the knife. When we wake up tommorow, we have new tests for this blade. It still shaves hair, it still push cuts through ciggarete paper. Holy sh*t :eek:
It doesnt't chip, it doesnt break (and I know that my relatives were not telling me the whole truth, as I believe they tried to damage the knife on concrete blocks) and it is still sharp with only minor touch up. I know you Strider fans have heard all of this before and know all of this thru personal experience, but before I pass out I just had to post this, I am totaly stoked! (HA! just found out that my brother in-law, (the one who does not like me too much) punched it through corregated aluminum roof tiles and trimmed them to the proper length before bringing it back. I guess he figured he would try and destroy my knife.

So...Which one should I get next??? Does it even matter??? If all Strider knives are as indestructable as this one I guess not.

Post by a true believer...
Rad

IMO this "zombie killer" is only practical in a video game.

I might just pick up a copy of the "Extermination" game from
Sony for Playstation 2. I am sure it would be the most use I
would get from the Strider Zombie Killer Tiger.

:p

IMNSHO you're wrong... ;)

Originally posted by fossilhunter
IMO this "zombie killer" is only practical in a video game.

I might just pick up a copy of the "Extermination" game from
Sony for Playstation 2. I am sure it would be the most use I
would get from the Strider Zombie Killer Tiger.

:p

Consider this. You're walking along a darkened street late at night and some young perp pops out, waving his made in China hyper-tactical folder at you, demanding all your money. You pause, then reach for your concealed pit or spinal rig and haul out your Zombie Killer. Pick your favorite Dirty Harry or Crocodile Dundee one liner, and end of story... :)

Besides that, there are a number of martial artists who could show you ways that knife could kill that would make your blood run cold. It's not unlike Laci Szabo's UUK, which is one of the most deadly self-defence weapons made today. I'm just guessing, but I think the guy who originally ordered that knife knew exactly what he'd do with it in very real world circumstances. Don't be too quick to judge what you might not fully understand.

The Tiger looks like a Star Trek Knife, interesting design though. Sick lines to it. Let me know if you get one and your results.

I forgot to say that it does look cool - but I sure wouldn't
want to explain it in court -

:)

I would probably try to buy one myself if I could justify spending
the money for a blade that would probably not be put to its
intended use. But hell, I've done it before . . .

Anyone have any shots from the video game?

The Tiger costs $750 holy sh****t, thats a hell of a pay check.
You could buy an MT and the new AR for that and be set for life as far as carry knives, oh yeah don't let the CHiPs see it!

Originally posted by fossilhunter
Anyone have any shots from the video game?

Well, here I go answering my own questions again . . .

I guess this is a shot of the Tiger (notice the stripes)

http://www.absolute-playstation.com/extermination/extermination_ml_9.htm

and here it is in action lopping off some heads!

http://www.absolute-playstation.com/extermination/extermination_ml_21.htm

Just wanted to add that there is no way I could justify spending
the money on the Tiger, but I think I am going to pick up the DB.

Good choice?

Good grief!
This thread is still popping up?
Strider 4112's last comment about the price is a bit bewildering, cause I dont remember it being that expensive but what the hey. With a few more Striders under my belt I could kick myself for not getting the Tiger when I had the chance, but still like to look at the picture. Guess Mr. Hossom had one of the best comments about this "aboration of deadly intention" which got me interested in other "sick" things.
Just wondering if Carpe has had a chance to use it or even figured out how to wear it. Would like to have seen Rambo use one:)
Rad

Back