TiLock to be discontinued...

I think I just bought the last one from KnifeArt.
I've been considering picking one up for a while and just started seriously watching for one. It figures that when I got serious it would be discontinued. This will be my first new CRK. I figured is was better to buy now than wait to see if prices increase and/or they become difficult to locate. PayPal credit has 6 months of no interest so that's nice but I'll probably sell a gun to cover it. I need to downsize those before moving anyway.

FWIW, just checking my favorite sites to buy from, the only one I have found that has the original Ti-Lock in stock is Knife Works. Knife Art, BladeHQ, GP Knives and DLT Trading are all sold out. The Elemental and In Motion are still available from multiple sites.

So, that just happened...

(Yeah, I bought a Ti-Lock.)

Regards,
Adam

PS - Next up, the plain Jane 21 that I've promised myself since I bought my first Mnandi...

I'm not loosing any sleep over this.

To me CRK is all about the 21/Classic design. The Mnandi is nice as well.

CRK could discontinue all the other models for all I care.

Received my standard Ti-Lock this weekend from Knife Art. It must be close to the last ones made. It's date is March 30, 2017. I absolutely love this knife. The look of it, the feel of it in my hands. It's just perfect for me. I'm glad I didn't wait and end up missing out on this beautiful knife.

I'm not loosing any sleep over this.

To me CRK is all about the 21/Classic design. The Mnandi is nice as well.

CRK could discontinue all the other models for all I care.
It's not so much losing sleep as it is my complete and utter distaste for overpaying for something. While I do think it'll be a while -- if ever -- that we'll see Ti-Locks selling for over list, I'd prefer not to take the chance.

That said, I doubt anyone will argue against the fact that the Sebenza is the standard bearer when it comes to CRK, which is why my next purchase will be a plain Jane 21 drop point. Fortunately, I don't need to worry about that one being discontinued... ;-)

Regards,
Adam

I am curious to see what they mean by this:
“We’ve got a few new locking mechanisms coming down the line. For those people who enjoy those kind of things we still have something cool coming.”

Excited to see what these could possibly be and when we will get some more hints.

I am curious to see what they mean by this:
“We’ve got a few new locking mechanisms coming down the line. For those people who enjoy those kind of things we still have something cool coming.”

Excited to see what these could possibly be and when we will get some more hints.

Jeebus!!!

Say it ain't so. If CRK comes out with "a few new locking mechanisms", my bank account just shrank by the cost of a large and small example of each type. That's potentially $3000 or more.....before the darn USD/CDN exchange rate. OUCH! It'll hurt, but can't wait!

To me it's a good news, as I guess there will be a new model coming.

With this knife gone, they no longer have a mid-sized 3.25" to 3.4" folder. I have been waiting for a medium sebenza or a small Umnumzaan for a long time. I can only hope.

I got mine from KnifeArt today and it is also dated 30MAR2017. It's a neat knife but I can't say I'm digging it like I do my other CRKs. I'll probably never carry it but it's a nice knife for the collection.

This is my first new CRK purchase and my first with the new packaging. It sucks that it won't fit in a USPS small flat rate box but the whole package is super nice and befitting a knife of this caliber.

_DSC4746%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsibewuwvj.jpg

_DSC4749%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpsg2vsybrz.jpg

_DSC4751%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpshphmkzic.jpg

_DSC4753%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpspe9mswvc.jpg

I'm out of large slots in the Pelican case.

_DSC4745%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zps233gisxl.jpg

After some more time with it, I absolutely love this knife. I don't have a big collection of Chris Reeve knives. I have a large and small Inkosi and a small CF Inkosi. I just love this thing. Now I'm stuck with the do I carry it or not issue because it's not something that can be replaced. Everywhere I have checked it's out of stock. I am leaning towards just carrying it and enjoying it versus keeping it in a safe place so it stays pristine. It may get a few dings and blemishes along the way, but what good is buying and owning this knife if it just stays hidden away so no harm comes to it?

I dunno, I just never got into this one. Part of CRK's appeal to me is clean lines and the lockbar jinxes that for me.

I bought one from KnifeArt too. Same birthdate as some of the others in this thread, March 30,2017.
Interesting thing is the scales are dated Q1 and Q2 2016.

I bought one from KnifeArt too. Same birthdate as some of the others in this thread, March 30,2017.

Dates on the scales denotes when the scales were made. Birthdate of the knife is when it was assembled.

Dates on the scales denotes when the scales were made. Birthdate of the knife is when it was assembled.

I just checked mine and it has the same codes (A16 & B16). Many of my CRK date codes don't match the birth card year and many also don't match each other on the same knife.

I was thinking a year was a long time to keep components in inventory before assembly and sale to a dealer.

I was thinking a year was a long time to keep components in inventory before assembly and sale to a dealer.
On a manufacturing scale, it's not so long. When you start a run of parts, it's better to build inventory while you are running them for the next shipment rather than to complete a shipment and move on.
The savings on setup and changeout of tooling and fixtures works out in the end. Especially when they parts are running well.

To think there won't be Ti's available is like thinking there aren't any Regs around.... plenty for everybody.....who can pay the price!

Back