1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Time for FrankenBecker #2!/Giveaway

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by L4NE4, Mar 23, 2012.

1. L4NE4

L4NE4

Aug 24, 2011
    My 1000th post is quickly coming up so with the help of some fellow BeckerHeads I have planned a pretty cool giveaway. The giveaway part will come when this BK2 is finished and back in my hands so I can put everything together for the winner.

First off... awhile back I bought this BK2 in the exchange here. It was "modified" a little. And by that I mean it looked like it got into a fight with a dremel and lost! I think the original owner used a dremel to strip some of the coating. I basically bought it just for the micarta it came with. Fast forward a few months and I still had this ugly BK2 sitting in my drawer doing absolutely nothing. So I took out my files and started working it over. What I came up with was more of a clip point, rounded the pommel a bit and made a little choil like thing (its more flat then a usual choil). The balance on this knife feels very good now! It feels more like a bushcraft knife but its still got its 1/4" heft.

Knife in question...

[​IMG]

Oh how did that little 11 get in there? Oh well I guess that will be getting franked/given away too...

Now here is where the fellow BeckerHeads come in...

-Clich will be doing his famous blue/bleach etch
    -SleepyBadger will be doing his awesome filework
    -EDCTAC will be hooking it up with some sweet custom scales
    -1066vik is making a bushcraft style sheath!!!

Last but not least... the GIVEAWAY! These franked Beckers will be given away in typical BKT giveaway fasion, BUT with a twist! I will not tell you the whole twist just yet but it will require a donation to a certain foundation for veterans. Donations must be at least $5.

So thats it! It is already on its way to clich as I type this. Clich if you want to send it to SleepyBadger next that would be awesome. I will cover shipping to and from all of you guys. THANK YOU VERY MUCH to Clich, SleepyBadger and EDCTAC, 1066vik. You guys rock!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. RogueBowie

RogueBowie

Nov 16, 2011
    So in! Just let me know where to donate!!!

3. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    Sweet. That reminds me I gotta giveaway the original frankenbecker. I completely forgot. Good stuff man.

4. Greybush

Greybush Banned BANNED

Feb 14, 2012
    Interesting...looking forward to the details...Subscribed

5. Paws

Paws

Oct 9, 2010
    This is very cool and generous of all of you! Way to go guys.

6. L4NE4

L4NE4

Aug 24, 2011
    It should be pretty sweet. I will make a new thread when its time for the giveaway. I will try to make the donation part as simple as possible with links to their site and direct links to their donation page.

Oh also, the 11 has a little file work on it too. Clich,Sleep,EDC, you guys just use your imagination on that one, do whatever you want! However, if we want it to be able to ride in the same sheath as the 2, maybe we should leave it with no scales or at least slim scales? This all depends on if I can find a willing sheath maker too!

7. brewcitymike

brewcitymike

Aug 26, 2011
    I'm gonna have to get in on this one for sure. I'm hoping it wounded warriors cuz I've been thinking of donating something to them for a while once i had some 'spare' money. This will give me the excuse I need to finally do it. Of course any and all Vet charities are well worth it.

8. L4NE4

L4NE4

Aug 24, 2011
    You are correct with this statement. There are so many to choose from, but I have one picked already :)

9. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    Just so you know colt, this is gonna be special. I've already got drawings.

10. oXide

oXide

Feb 16, 2012
    I can't enter because I don't have money, if I did I would probably drop most of it with a vet charity, with or without this incentive, but I think this is THE most generous contest I have seen since I started stalking BFC, to the forum members and outside parties. Subscribed for drooling.

11. L4NE4

L4NE4

Aug 24, 2011
    Can't wait! Btw since you get it first you are not limited just to the etch. You can mod anything. That's why edc and the sheath are last.

12. mkhop

mkhop

Apr 12, 2007
    I am in please , thanks and would spring 5$ for who ever wins to donate.

13. CCMI

CCMI

Aug 4, 2010
    L4NE4, nice idea for the knife and a great idea for the "entrance fee".

Will you be creating another thread for the giveaway once the work is done? Or should entries be done in this thread?

14. L4NE4

L4NE4

Aug 24, 2011
    I will create a new thread

15. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    Sweet!

16. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    Cool giveaway. The mods on the knife are very elegant and well done. Good job.

17. rkmoore

rkmoore Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 30, 2010
    BeckerHeads only? I'd love to get in and would be willing to do extra charity work for the privilege.

18. L4NE4

L4NE4

Aug 24, 2011
    Heck no! Open to all members

19. oXide

oXide

Feb 16, 2012
    Fixed that for you.

If only I could get my parent's to let me 'borrow' some money to donate....

20. L4NE4

L4NE4

Aug 24, 2011
    If you really want to enter ill give you five dollars. Or just have one less coffee, drive a couple less miles, eat at home etc.....