Traditional of the month: Peanut.

Very nice find Stitch. Looks like it has very good fit, too. How's the pull? BTW all those posts with that awesome looking food is making me hungry:thumbup:

The pull is nice about the same as the Case, it has half stops and had a nice snap in the open position, it's pretty sharp the original owner kept both blades nice the only draw back is the owner filed down the kicks, and both nail nicks are on the same side, so when he took down the clip the nail nick was hidden by the pen so he filed down the kick on the pen. I know some people like the nicks on the same side but you can see the draw back if you have to take the nick down. The pen blades nick is almost into the handle.
e717a140.jpg

ca3a4f47.jpg

Still useable, still had plenty of life and for $8 bucks it's a winner. No blade play either, it won't kick my case out of my coin pocket, but I think it will ride in my back pocket.

^Love that 'nut combo.

IMG_1206.jpg

The pins and bolsters are all dark now from riding in my pocket everyday.

Started making juice with the Case, thought I should let the Kabar play
786dd024.jpg

Case helped with dinner
e25912ab.jpg

Kabar starting to get a patina.

There is something about fishing, or a campfire and enjoying a pipe.
My Kabar had scraping duty, and Case had line trimming duty.
36f06ae8.jpg

Strangest thing happened today fishing, I had a yellow perch on the line and he was heading for some branches close to shore so I was keeping him out of the sticks when he surfaced shook his head and my rooster tail came out. I took my line the rest of the way in and.......???????
e5f5b0b0.jpg

There was a caterpillar on my hook??? I must have pulled it out of the perches mouth? Strange....
Only one more bite, nothing big.
25107eef.jpg

So today is a trifecta of anniversaries for me 5/24/07 asked my wife to marry me, 5/24/08 we got married at sea, beautiful day we were lucky and...........12/24/11 was gifted my peanut by my baby girl.
The little fella is five months old, they change so fast brings a tear to my eye:)~{~<
d3c5e00c.jpg

My wife, daughter, and I went sor a nice walk in the woods.......the little fella tagged along.

Last edited:
This might be a bit premature, but what is next month's knife going to be?

And to help keep this thread going, I cleaned my peanut from a little surface rust.

IMAG0163.jpg

So far it looks like it's going to be Trapper June.
Not premature - It's almost June.
It's 05/25/2012 today.

@stich: Great to know this, Pete. It´s great when such a simple thing like a knife can connect to such great days!

Kind regards
Andi

Yeah I think it's going to be trapper June unless we get some more votes. Anybody is welcomed to cast their vote:)

Mini copperhead month!

Gives everyone an added incentive to add one of the little beauties. :)

~ P.

I think I'll change my vote to toothpicks. I've had that yellow one for a couple weeks now and haven't carried it yet and it's killing me. It needs love!

Figure I would do a pocket dump of my EDC
dd05ba69.jpg

Always the above plus a small tin and another knife.
I use the hankerchif for all sorts of stuff except snot, have 6 that I rotate through, incredibly handy with a small child.
This has been my favorite pair lately.
cf228aca.jpg

Figure I would do a pocket dump of my EDC
dd05ba69.jpg

Always the above plus a small tin and another knife.
I use the hankerchif for all sorts of stuff except snot, have 6 that I rotate through, incredibly handy with a small child.
This has been my favorite pair lately.
cf228aca.jpg

Very nice!:thumbup:

2b452f75.jpg

Went for a nice hike with the family.
If you wonder why I carry twine in my pocket, I know it seems strange it comes in handy when shore fishing to tie back branches, also if I need to hold a door open, and today I found another use, truss a box of flooring I was bringing in that had blown apart.
de6c1788.jpg

Does anyone have one of the Red, White, & Blue Peanuts they could post? Has the single Star on it? I've wanted one of those for a while just never got around to grabbing one.

Back