Two handed Tactical Short Sword

MMB- I love the sword. Definitely my style. If it wasn't summer (teachers turn into the unemployed) I would be hitting you up for something.
More importantly thank you for talking the questions and constructive comments so well. So many talented makers are prima donnas so it is nice to see someone sure of themselves and their work!
TC

Thanks clearytja,
I understand that not everybody will like everything we make. We also like to test every blade design before we sell it. That way we know exactly what our blades can do and how they will perform.
check out the video of this sword being tested on steel and other heavy targets. the link should be at the bottom of this post.
thanks again for looking.

Nice vid! Sounds like it holds up very well to quite a bit of punishment. I especially liked the refrigerator part.

if you ever make one with a narrower blade, i'd definitely be interested. Your current model is just too wide for my tastes :(

what's the overall weight of your sword?

Not quite to my tastes, but looks very well made! Nice work!

if you ever make one with a narrower blade, i'd definitely be interested. Your current model is just too wide for my tastes :(

what's the overall weight of your sword?

We have experimented with narrower blades, We are testing a Waki style blade,(kind of like our M-3 only longer). but in this model we were trying to make the most robust and durable sword we could, keeping in mind that it has to be of a size that you can actually use in real world environments. the double handed design offers the power of a much longer sword in a smaller package, and with out the fragile long blade. not to say that the M-2 has the "reach" of a Katana, but a Katana can also be tough to carry.
As for the weight, they vary by a few ounces, but the last one we sold was 2lb 14oz. right on the money. I understand that some people like lighter blades. To be honest, I have never minded the weight, My brothers and I are all over 6ft 2in, and I am the lightest at 200lb.

Last edited:
Looks great! ever think of adding a fuller to lighten it up and/or one with a hand and a half style grip?

We do make a smaller hand and a half short sword, but it is a little different design. as far as a fuller, we liked the way the blade profile made it more rigid for stabing, or driving through objects. this style comes in at almost 3lb. but when your holding it it seems much lighter.

Very nice stuff. Well maybe if I can stop spending money on guns, accessories and reloading crap I'll get somthing custom from you guys.

Too many hobbies!

We do make a smaller hand and a half short sword, but it is a little different design. as far as a fuller, we liked the way the blade profile made it more rigid for stabing, or driving through objects. this style comes in at almost 3lb. but when your holding it it seems much lighter.

One word: saber. :3

looks very nice. great work but... (just questions)
why using spring steel for short heavy and wide blade , it's like you're losing the pluses of that kind of steel
also i see it's full tang like a knife and i fear in sword to sword battle you will feel each sword clash in your entire body

The reason we chose 5160, was because it can withstand the kind of impact that the two handed design can generate.
this sword for it's size is VERY powerful.
as for impact shock, we have tested against quite a few different targets, with no shock what so ever.
even steel on steel.
watch the video link with my signature. and thanks for looking.

Back