Update on server attacks

I've no idea if this was the primary cause of recent troubles here, or compounded the issue, or even if it's related at all. If not, my apologies to Spark for the distraction. But, this story has broke in the news in the last couple days, and it sounds like it caused havoc on the internet around the world, in the last week or two at least. A brief excerpt is quoted below the link to the original article (bolded emphasis added by me):http://www.itworld.com/internet/349...mhaus-was-reportedly-largest-history?page=0,0David
Don't trip on that mate. DNS amplification is an efficient method of attack. And it is also true that there's a whole bunch of recursive resolvers that are open to this kind of use. However, what Cloudflare have been putting out is misleading to put it gently, but it does stand to improve their business, and there may be a link. For a gist have a look at this................No further comment from me on this.

The site was down(at least for me) approx. between 9am-10:30am today.Error 103 failure to connect to server.

Until tonight! Granted this is a popular site but...Make the insanity stop please!

I'm still having lots of trouble with this site.

Thought maybe it was my satellite connection, but all others sites work fine?

Never had a problem with my mac pro till now but can not sign in a lot of times and getting booted off.

why is every one in this thread having problem getting on this site but I log on all of the time with no problems?? I am running windows 7. I hope this helps you out in figgering why everyone is having problems.

New info from our hosting company means we're going to have to try other solutions to resolve this. Sigh. We're still working.

Thanks, I've been having issues getting on the site from time to time 'Database Error' and I've been wondering what was causing the problem.

Any update on the problem, or am I the only one having problems? :)

Blade Forums is now the slowest site I visit and has been for a few months now. Often I can't use the site at all?

This is the largest and best knife site, so I sure hope we can get it running right.

Thanks!

its been slow for me too. it takes forever before i can even scroll down the page when reading a thread with multiple pages. i reloaded my operating system and it did help a little. i stili have trouble posting at times too but not as much.

Been trying to list 6 knives all morning, and cant. Not 30. Only 6 knives:(

Im ready to cut off whomever needs be to resolve this...........

Sacrafice the few to save many.

We need to plan some drone strikes against the folks hacking BF, I'm calling my congressman.

It comes and goes. I'm sorry guys, we nail one thing down and another pops up

Spark, I've noticed it being better at sometimes, but those times are rare for me. Working pretty good right now.

Thanks!

same here it comes and goes. sometimes if i reboot my computer then it's taken care of [sometimes].

Back