(US) Old Timer 8OT Senior Stockman Question.

I believe the swinden key patent was 1961 and the first 8ot was 1960? That being said, I think all 8ot are swinden key. I've never seen one with regular pivot pins, but my guess is it would have to be very old. Would sure be cool if someone found one with pivot pins though! Especially if we could be certain it was all original.

I believe the swinden key patent was 1961 and the first 8ot was 1960? That being said, I think all 8ot are swinden key. I've never seen one with regular pivot pins, but my guess is it would have to be very old. Would sure be cool if someone found one with pivot pins though! Especially if we could be certain it was all original.
Thanks. I had a feeling that like the just as venerable 858 (with or without the "OT" in the tang stamp) the 8OT was a Swinden Key knife, as well.

The 80T stockman I recently received from Old Hunter Old Hunter , I believe has the swinden key style, I can see it inside the bolsters. Maybe he can comment further. I'm still researching Schrade & this is pretty interesting đź‘Ť

This is a Camillus made 8OT (notice the different swedge on the clip main) that is not Swindon construction.

JwkinO3.jpg

Back