Wait 'til you See What Is Coming Next!!!

For me, it might possibly be "The One". That LE looks like everything I might ever need in a knife all in one package. Thanks for ruining me for all others. :thumbup:

Is it cool to post a compromise idea? I find a hammer-butt very useful and if the surface area is reduced it concentrates impact enough to work as a skull-crusher too like so

Attachments

• TankBusterButtoption.jpg
    TankBusterButtoption.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 94
I far prefer the hammer style butt on this model. The skull crushes is very limited in usefulness, in my humble opinion. I seldom use a knife to break glass - there are much better tools that are available nearly anywhere, from randomly selected big rock to crowbar in the car or whatever. The SAR4 for example has a really nice butt end for hammering stuff that is useful in the field for things beyond clobbering some guy on the head or breaking a window. So, hammer style gets my vote.

Most important is the choil, thing, though. :D It's extremely great that there will apparently be an option for a choilless blade. :thumbup: For the maximum benefit, make the ricasso as small as possible (it doesn't even need to exist at all - many Scandi knives do not have any ricasso) and bring the cutting edge all the way right to the finger guard / talon hole thingamabob. :thumbup:

I haven't seen the knife pics yet - somehow I missed Jerry trying to flag me down. Thanks Jerry. Sorry I missed.

But, I have seen the pommel pics.

Hammer vs. skull crusher - I prefer the hammer time. I don't see the skull crusher design as just being limited to a weapon or glass breaking. But, I see the hammer pommel as still having more all around user potential. :thumbup:

If they are close enough for me to use the 'skullcrusher' then I've already shot 'em!

I am going with the skull crusher on this blade, the whole concept/name scream something menacing so have the pommel reflect that, the new style is nice but more elegant and that doesn't fit with this new blade imho

Hey Jerry,
Since we are all helping you with the design of the blade don't you think it would be only fair we help with the price as well :D

Loving the choil I also love this old butt you did way back you tell me when?
what about mixing it into your blast from the past???
The front end of your new Buster is so strong I though maybe it needs a stronger Butt. :D

If this isn't cool Jerry just say the word and ill take it down.

3618253856_a428f9d5c7_o.jpg

Might as well go with the Special Forces handle. I'd love a choiless tank buster with the SF handle instead of the TAC. :D

0.1875 to 0.270 would be a good range IMO. Much thicker than that and it'll be too much.

hopefully it is .25 thick, the pommel I suppose could go either way but it doesn't look right without the choil, to me anyway it seems awkward looking, it flows better with the choil.

Nawwww..........no choil ! That way it don't get caught up on any bones... tendons...ligaments...or other "fiberous or non-fiberous tissues"... when you sink 'er deep...Eeeeyah! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back