1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Was the last batch all 3"

Discussion in 'Rick Hinderer Knives' started by HondaRR, Oct 25, 2012.

1. HondaRR

HondaRR

Apr 8, 2009
    Hi just a quicky .. Ive had my eyes peeled for a XM 3.5 i been watching all the dealers , but am i right in thinking the last batch were all 3" ... NOT 3" & 3.5 if so are we looking at early , mid 2013 for the bigger brothers to arrive .

Thanks in advance ..

2. 김원진

김원진

May 4, 2011
    looking at the dealers and the exchange you can get a feel for what was the run. I think someone(mod or rob) had said that this batch was 3in then the next would be the 24. There have been a few 3.5's floating around the exchange.

3. Need2Know

Need2Know Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2011
    "last" production batch was 3". Most, if not all were Slicer grind. Now / soon it's 24s, with I'm guessing 3.5 to follow after the 24s. But I'm only guessing on what's to come after 24s.

The shows and gatherings over the past several months have put all sizes into the world. So, new models of production and customs in every size are floating around or squirreled away.

Hope that helps.

4. Rob Orlando

Rob Orlando

Nov 16, 2009
    The next batch of 3.5" XM-18's are slated for sometime around the first of the year.

5. Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    Happy dance!!!:D

6. thenextarcher

thenextarcher

Feb 20, 2011
    Im getting ready as we speak :D

7. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Will they be slicers, spantos, or both?

8. Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    How about production spearpoints?!!!!!!

9. Jaytaylor

Jaytaylor

Feb 9, 2012
    I'm hoping to see some bottle opener smiling shark grinds in the next batch.

10. Jaytaylor

Jaytaylor

Feb 9, 2012
    And hellfire please......although, if I had to settle with a custom version I guess I could put up with it..

11. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    I wouldn't turn my nose up at one of them, either!

12. Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    It's a day dream, but man, it would be an AWESOME thing if spearpoints were production offerings.

That's it, said it and done. Not going to beg.:cool:

13. RDA

RDA

Aug 6, 2010
    I am sure Hinderer Knives is kicking around ideas for the next production grind, wharnie gets mentioned a lot and it is one I have said as well.

14. NM08SRT8

NM08SRT8

Dec 11, 2011
    Great news. I'm having my eyeball on one of these.

Rob, or anyone, being a new person into the Hinderer interest.. How much do one of these go for, non 3rd party market.. PM me if you cannot mention it on here publicly..

15. Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    Pricing is in the sticky.

16. NM08SRT8

NM08SRT8

Dec 11, 2011
    Thank you! So, to get that pricing, where do you have to buy from?

17. Need2Know

Aug 31, 2011
    Those are the official prices when purchasing direct. To purchase directly you must be active duty or a first responder.

Or, you can visit a show where Hinderer is participating, attend a gathering hosted by them on occasion in OH, or get very lucky and win the opportunity to buy in a lotto hosted in the forum. Please understand, there is a lottery at each of these and only winners of the lottos are then allowed to pick from the available knives and purchase them at MSRP.