WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

Elijah didn't even think his design would be produced because it is so futuristic looking...but he was very pleased that WE would take the risk. (BTW, I uploaded a video on the Megatherium today...)
I have to say, his "edge below tab system" is really a very nice feature in his designs. But that belongs in another topic i think :)

View attachment 710660 View attachment 710659

Guys,
It's a bit longer than I like but may be able to live with because I like the fact its not wide? Anyway owe it to myself to see and feel what I have been hearing, picked this one up here..

I have this coming in on Monday. A lot of value here for the Dollar.
WE 704CFB:
Blade Material: Bohler M390
Blade Hardness: HRC59-61
Washers Material: Ceramic Ball Bearing
All construction: 6AL4V Titanium
Inlays: Carbon Fiber
I think you'll be fine. I'm more of a 2.75"-3.25" blade length for EDC and I don't even notice the extra length on my 704CFA. It really is a beautiful knife with a lot of character to the CF. My only little complaint is the detent is weakish, but you can still get a snappy deployment if you kinda pre-load the flipper tab. This is the only WE that I have to think about to deploy though, so that takes away from the "joy" factor just a bit.

I think you'll be fine. I'm more of a 2.75"-3.25" blade length for EDC and I don't even notice the extra length on my 704CFA. It really is a beautiful knife with a lot of character to the CF. My only little complaint is the detent is weakish, but you can still get a snappy deployment if you kinda pre-load the flipper tab. This is the only WE that I have to think about to deploy though, so that takes away from the "joy" factor just a bit.

Hackenslash, thanks for the feedback. Yes 3" blade length is about perfect for me. Will find out tomorrow:D

As I've mentioned before in this very thread, WE does have two folders with the requisite just under 3 inches blade: 605 & 619.

However, both are either too wide or too thick or both. I looked for WE for a just under 3 inches blade flipper BUT slim and trim like most of the WE line.

A month ago, I relented and tried the excellent WE 705D. Unfortunately, I can't carry it due to local regulations. It doesn't stop me with playing with it at home. :) Love it.

So, WE, if you're listening how about a slim 2.99" flipper!

Note: I do have a WE/Massdrop/Ferrum Forge Falcon on order.

That's radical! Looks like a Klingon ceremonial knife! :)

18445027_100262653894977_3734853567182274560_n.jpg
Wow, that is incredible. I hadn't given WE serious consideration due to the proprietary hardware, but I may reconsider for this knife.

I got my sp02 spinner(s) today. Gave my daughter hers and my mother caught a glance at them and she had to get one too. I hated the idea at first but man I actually needed one of these things. Fit and finish is superb as i expected it to be and the thing spins forever. Well done WE.

I received my WE 3-pronged S02C Bead Blasted Fidge Titanium Hand Spinner today.

This thing is positively and ridiculously addictive! Great application of ceramic bearings. :)

I received my WE 3-pronged S02C Bead Blasted Fidge Titanium Hand Spinner today.

This thing is positively and ridiculously addictive! Great application of ceramic bearings. :)
One thing i learned the hard way. Dont lubricate it at all. I found that even small amounts of militec and then even trying rem oil after a cleaning actually slow the performance. It makes it smoother and quieter but instead of a three minute spin you get twenty seconds. I have flushed mine with lighter fluid and it is running good as new.

One thing i learned the hard way. Dont lubricate it at all. I found that even small amounts of militec and then even trying rem oil after a cleaning actually slow the performance. It makes it smoother and quieter but instead of a three minute spin you get twenty seconds. I have flushed mine with lighter fluid and it is running good as new.

I don't lubricate by default. Sometimes I apply a drop of heavy lube to the detent ball. On non-stainless steel blades I lubricate the entire blade if I'm storing it.

One thing i learned the hard way. Dont lubricate it at all. I found that even small amounts of militec and then even trying rem oil after a cleaning actually slow the performance.
....Pause?

Yeah lubricated bearings are horrible for the spinners, best to leave em noisy and dry for those glorious spin times.

Is the WE knives spinner really that good? I got the 2 pronged one, and it was awesome, but a bit light. The 3 prong looks awesome....but 70 bucks damn

My emetools stubby spinner when held vertically will spin to 8 mins. And others have seen it go longer. Table top spinning vs vericle spin times. I think it spins for just over 2mins on the table.

Can you see how long your WE spinners will spin vertically when you get them (and anyone else that cares to share) please.? I want to get another spinner but want to get as much info from honest reviews from customers that will give pro's as well as con's).

So on the table, the Stubby spinner weighs more and lasts a shorter amount of time....interesting. Weight: WE knives is 1.8 oz, stubby is 2.6 oz.

So far, looks like the WE knives spinner has the edge. But i would be interested in vertical spin time comparisons.

....Pause?

Yeah lubricated bearings are horrible for the spinners, best to leave em noisy and dry for those glorious spin times.

Is the WE knives spinner really that good? I got the 2 pronged one, and it was awesome, but a bit light. The 3 prong looks awesome....but 70 bucks damn

You know i balked at the price. But then you look at things like the ckf spinners at $200+ and it doesnt seem so bad. I guess the worth of such a thing like anything is up to the individual. But considering its only $20 more than the last version they made i dont feel its so bad.

Last edited:
....Pause?

You know i balked at the price. But then you look at things like the ckf spinners at $200+ and it doesnt seem so bad. I guess the worth of such a thing like anything is up to the individual. But considering its only $20 more than the last version they made i dont feel its so bad.

I kind of paused on the price as well but then I wanted a great one. There are quite a few others that are more expensive and you're not getting anything better. All in all, I'm very satisfied with my WE S02C spinner.

Knife Center emailed their spinners section yesterday: https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_store.html?listingid=480&a=top&sortType=priceDe

Well, all I can say is, bought the WE 617 a while ago and I was blown away with the exceptional fit and finish of this knife! The action is as perfect as can be, the D2 steel came remarkably sharp and holds its edge for a looong time, great ergo's it feels way smaller then it is and the amazing fine grinded bidirection satin finish on the blade is the icing on the cake for me. This is what you would expect on knives five times higher in price...

Dang, and now I have a WE 620 incoming... Cant wait!

Last edited:
so for anyone that didnt get in on the we knives ferrem forge mass drop deal... they now have an indigogo that you can join in on to get it. just do a search.

so for anyone that didnt get in on the we knives ferrem forge mass drop deal... they now have an indigogo that you can join in on to get it. just do a search.
I wonder how indiegogo can offer those after the drop closed.

anyone just see the 709 at massdrop?
nother budget option.

At $100, it's priced the same as the other budget WE knives with D2, G-10 and liner lock available at many knife dealers.

Back