1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

weird noise coming from ZT 0560 *Normal for this model*

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by duro, Jul 10, 2012.

1. duro

duro

May 25, 2012
    I happened to notice during use that my ZT 0560 made a little bit of a rattling sound upon hitting the spine of the blade on my knuckle. It appears to be coming from somewhere around the tang. Does anyone have an idea as to what this could be?

Also, I noticed during a hard grip of the knife that the titanium frame lock with move ever so slightly to further lock in. Is this normal?

I just want to ensure that this knife is not going to let me down.

Thank you

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Second part about the framelock sounds normal to me. That's usually touted as one of the main reasons to prefer a framelock to a linerlock. Rattling noises aren't usually normal in knives though. Kershaw/ZT does have great CS though.

3. marcinek

marcinek

Jan 9, 2007
    Don't do that.

Just out of curiosity, what "use" involves hitting the spine of your knife against your knuckle?

4. treeman8008

treeman8008 Banned by Moderators

Jul 9, 2012
    Well its ment to be a hard use knife, tapping the back of the spine with your fingers shouldnt do a single thing, you should probablly call them up.

5. shqxk

shqxk

Mar 26, 2012
    I also got the same issue, the sound are cause from loosen blade stop pin.

[​IMG]

Moving frame lock while griping hard is normal for any Ti frame lock folder.

6. duro

duro

May 25, 2012

I was making a hard cut and heard the rattle. I then used my knuckle to imitate the noise.

7. duro

duro

May 25, 2012
    So it's a loose pin. Did you get yours fixed?

8. duro

duro

May 25, 2012
    Well what the hell. I shipped it off to Kershaw. Too expensive of a blade to have quirks.

Thanks for the input.

9. crom

crom

Mar 29, 2007
    Hang on, the torsion bars in a few of my Kershaws have rattled, only when in open position. If it bothers you contact their CS, it's the best in the business.

10. kreole

kreole

Jul 23, 2009
    560 doesn't have a torsion bar

11. JDunn709

JDunn709

Jan 7, 2009
    No torsion bar in the 560, it's not assisted

12. BladeChick777

BladeChick777

Jun 20, 2011
    Will ZT fix the loose blade stop pin?
    Mine does it too.

13. duro

duro

May 25, 2012
    Seems like a lot of people have the same problem. Maybe it's just part of the design. Oh well, shipped it out today. Hopefully they can at least put on an earth brown scale:0

14. duro

duro

May 25, 2012
  15. mongomondo

mongomondo SUPPRESSING FIRE

Sep 17, 2006
    You can usually just put some loctite on the stop pin and it will stop rattling. I've done it on all my Emerson knives.

16. JDunn709

JDunn709

Jan 7, 2009
    I know Emersons do it intentionally, so that the stop pin rotates, avoiding wearing a flat spot on it from repeated openings. Not sure about kershaw/ZT though?

17. RevDevil

RevDevil Super Evil Supermod Staff Member Super Mod

Nov 9, 2009
    Indeed, that is why it's called a "floating" stop pin.

18. GMAHN

GMAHN

Sep 30, 2010
    I love it when ppl shit their pants over a floating stop pin.

19. duro

duro

May 25, 2012
    Yeah I'm not crapping my pants, I just don't have an understanding. Now that we know it's a floating stop pin; makes sense.....I'll wait to hear from kershaw since I haven't found anything on the net. Perhaps in the future it would be nice to include a diagram of the blade and all of the parts. Then perhaps the user will know what the deal is. They do it with firearms, no reason why you can't include that with a 260 dollar knife.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  20. AKC

AKC Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 10, 2010
    [youtube]72u4gtUWKm4[/youtube]