• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Welcome to the Buck Knives For Sale Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just starting with this hobby and for whatever reason, i just fell for Buck Knives. What kind of rep do they have amongst Knife people?

Are they considered beginner collectibles? What do you feel are the hottest brands right now in 'Mid range' knives.

Any suggested reading for a newbie?

Thank you.

My grandfather gave me a Buck many years ago. He worked as a railroad engineer in the 1940's and got the knife then. The only markings are a stamped BUCK on the blade. Handle is black composite with silver/shiny metal at end and next to the blade. There are no additional marking/rings on the handle as there are on the 1998 version that looks just like mine except for the 2 rings on the handle. I don't have a camera but can have a friend take a photo. Before I do however, if this is a real 105 with leather sheath in good condition, I would like to know if it is a rare item. I've looked through all the posts and the 105 never seems to appear.

Thanks, Bill

What level of membership is needed for me to put some of my Buck knives up for sale on this forum section? Where do I find those criteria? Thanks.

just joined bladeforums a few days ago. i was into knife collecting in a small
way years ago when i was younger and had more free money. but over the years
i have sold most of them, except for a treasured few.
this website is fantastic and has really helped me sorta get caught up on what
is THE thing nowadays.
my father has been collecting knives of all kinds for 65 years and has quite a string
of cutlery in his stable. and he is very old school about his knife selection. i saw him today up at the rest home my aunt is in and he was helping her open presents and i ask
him "what kind of piece of junk knife you got there"? he cut his eyes over there and said
aw its just and old boker you grandpa used to carry (grandpa died in 1960). dad just kinda grinned when he handed to me and said if you behave yourself i'll hand it down to you one day.
but i just wanted to post a note about how much i like this site and hope you guys will'
be patient while i learn all this new knife stuff.

terry m
(banjoman) yeah i pick!

I just joined and I have a buck Knife 120V that I would like to sell. I can't seem to place an ad in the forum. I'm from Connecticut. I bought this Buck Knife back around 1989 at a New York City knife shop. How do i place an ad for sale?

I just joined and I have a buck Knife 120V that I would like to sell. I can't seem to place an ad in the forum. I'm from Connecticut. I bought this Buck Knife back around 1989 at a New York City knife shop. How do i place an ad for sale?

Welcome to BladeForums! You must upgrade to Gold membership in order to list knives for sale. Good luck!

Last edited:
Is it appropriate to post a Wanted in this forum if the knife I am after is a Buck please? Or do all Wanteds have to go over in the other section of the Exchange? Thanks

Is it appropriate to post a Wanted in this forum if the knife I am after is a Buck please? Or do all Wanteds have to go over in the other section of the Exchange? Thanks

I posted a wanted add here and Esav moved it. In my opinion, I think it it should be allowed as there are many more people with Buck knives here than any other forum, which would make it easier to find what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back