1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Weske Knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SonarFoob, Dec 24, 2011.

1. SonarFoob

SonarFoob

Dec 24, 2011
    I am just starting to collect knives so I don't fully understand what I'm doing. As my first collection knife I chose to purchase a Weske knife for $35. I don't know if it was worth that much but I saw it as a nice knife, and seeing as Weske was only around from 1946-1952 I thought it must be collectible. Now I know that I'm not supposed to ask for the value, but can someone tell me if I paid too much, if it was a good buy, or if I should not bother with Weske ever again? Oh, and any additional info on Weske would be appreciated.
    The sheath I am 99% sure is not the original because the knife does not fit it 100%. The blade seems to have been sharpened a little bit too. The blade is about 4 1/2 inches and it is about 9 inches over all.
    Thanks