1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

What is missing in ESEE's product line?

Discussion in 'ESEE KNIVES' started by Edcgearreviews, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Edcgearreviews

Edcgearreviews

Jan 23, 2010
    Hello,

As I am sure we all know, ESEE makes some great products. My Izula is simply an excellent knife. They are soon to release two folders, they have released a arrowhead, a heavy chopper and a machete. What do you think they are missing from there product line? I personally would like to se a filet knife.

2. basb

basb

Apr 27, 2010
    Well the only thing missing is an obvious one. A Gatling gun in the SERE line with the skull logo.
    5, Junglas, Gatling gun. All great survival tools :thumbup:

3. Edcgearreviews

Edcgearreviews

Jan 23, 2010
    One more thing I would like to see is a small hatchet. Good one Basb :p

4. Boondock Saint

Boondock Saint

Aug 30, 2002
    I think a while back some one mentioned a bushcraft knife with no blade coating, scandi grind, ect. I would love to see that.

5. smcclown05

smcclown05

Oct 17, 2008
    I'd love to see an Izula with a sheepsfoot blade. It would be my dream knife to take to work :)

6. Edcgearreviews

Edcgearreviews

Jan 23, 2010
    That would be sick. Like an Izula with a Sebenza Insingo blade.

7. myowngod

myowngod

Dec 3, 2009
    I'd like an izula2, dont get me wrong- I love my izula, but I think they could get by with an extra .5" of blade and still be as easy to carry....

Otherwise... +1 on small hatchet

8. Edcgearreviews

Edcgearreviews

Jan 23, 2010
    I would also like to see a ESEE Khukuri and an ESEE bowie (like a competitor to the Spyderco Street Beat).

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  9. basb

basb

Apr 27, 2010
    A Kukri would be kickass!

10. fixer

fixer Banned BANNED

Mar 9, 2000
    over in W&SS there's a "favorite bushcraft knife" thread, and the ESEE4 was mentioned a surprising number of times for a general purpose knife. BHK offers the Bushcrafter, Bushbaby and Boat Tail Scandi. one of their vendirs has the Scandi bush knives even tho BHK doesn't list 'em on their site.

but if the price for a dedicated bushcrafter was close to that of the 4 it would probably sell well. i just don't know if the numbers would make sense to them to manufacture it.

same reason i'm not expecting a subhilt fighter.

a Kuhkri, Golock or Parang would be nice, so would a hatchet.

11. EricV

EricV Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2008
    After the folders I don't think anything will be missing. But I would like to see a tomahawk or axe head. :D In the future, no rush. ;)

12. smcclown05

smcclown05

Oct 17, 2008
    Kind of but with a straight edge. No belly. Like a Bark River TUSK. I've been waitin for them to do a run of Lil TUSKs but I'd love to get a sheepsfoot Izula. That blade shape, for me, makes for a great utility knife.:thumbup:

13. eloreno

eloreno KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 22, 2010
    I vote bushcraft blade!

14. shotgunner11

shotgunner11

Dec 17, 2005
    ESEE-5 in the same thickness as the 6 with a full flat grind and a choil.

15. otis williams

otis williams

May 27, 2008
    isn't that the laser strike?

16. eloreno

eloreno KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 22, 2010
    This would be a great addition to the line :D

17. freedoom

freedoom

Jan 31, 2010
    I'd prefer a wharncliffe to a sheepsfoot. But yeah an izula with a wharncliffe would be awesome.

18. Minnesota

Minnesota Banned BANNED

Apr 3, 2010
    More like a RAT-5.

19. Joben

Joben

May 22, 2009
    How about something between the arrowhead and the Izula?

A very small knife, like one that could fit into an altoids tin, or your wallet.

...also more knives without a choil

20. hiwa

hiwa

Jun 7, 2009
    I think Esee's are fine as bush knives just the way they are. I personally see no advantage in adding a scandi-type grind. A line of axe heads or hatchets would be cool. Especially for us Northern Forest guys. :thumbup::)