What Kershaw is your EDC?

I am pretty happy to see so many folks with a Leek. I switched from the spyderco persistence because the leek was so slim in form factor. i dont live in the woods or anything like that. The Leek has been a great edc so far in the urban jungle of nyc.

The Leek is my favorite Kershaw. I had looked at them on-line but had never considered buying one until I got one by accident. I had ordered my wife a pink Scallion and a black Shallot for myself and when they arrived the store had sent my wife a pink Leek instead with no explanation. After playing with both a few minutes I fell in love with that Leek and ordered myself one the very next day. (not pink though) It has been in my edc rotation ever since which was approx 3 years ago.

Modded CB Leek with G10 handles, and a standard Leek modded with grip tape on the non lock side. Trying to rotate in my Speedform 2, but just not loving it, would love to see a Leek in Elmax!!!

My EDCs...

1333806350291.jpg

Right now I've been packing around my ZT0300, and a RAM. I really like both of them. I use the RAM for small detail stuff, and the 0300 for everything else. I wear bib overalls most of the time, and the RAM rides in my top right bib pocket. The 0300 rides in the front right lower pocket.

I would add that I do rotate out a ZT0200, a G10 SpeedBump, a ZT0350, a G10 S30V Leek, and an S30V Blur on occasion.

right now im packin a brand new rj1 and a clash.the rj1 rides in my front pocket while the clash rides shotgun in the watch pocket.great knives,and only 2 of many great kershaws i am proud to own

Those 550 and 560s are calling my name. Right now I carry a composite Leek or Mini Cyclone much of the time.

the 3 knives i have in my main edc are the zt 0550, speedform 2, and paramilitary 2... and iv not carried the para 2 in a long time.

KershawScallion.jpg

Scallion. I alternate between this and a Chill. I give the edge to the Scallion for design and for assisted opening.

Normally I carry my S110V serrated Shallot. Backup, my Groove is very pretty smooth and feels lively in my hand, its the more expendable manual flipper.

Currently carrying a serrated Shallot. I think the blade steel is 8cr13mov, could be wrong. Love the hell out of this knife. My one complaint is that edge retention isn't the greatest but I don't mind sharpening once a week or so. Hopefully going to stepping up to a zt0350 or something similar soon though.

I alternate between an 0560, 0551, and 0301. Right now I am enamored with the 0560, and that is what I have been carrying for the last few weeks. Discovering the ZT line has relegated my other folders to the sock drawer.

Back