What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Photobucket test.
20161102_103319.jpg

Test a success, love me some Scagel. :)

Red bone swayback gent today...

829fbd8fd14120065ae856934dd2c461_zps4add05yo.jpg
The swayback gent/jack is among my favorite blades by Case. I just gave my dad one like yours the other day.

I found a chestnut bone jack at a Case dealer the previous weekend, couldn't pass it up even though I have 2 already.

Gary (GT)
It's a stag IXL George Wostenholm split back whittler. The words are meant to lead one to Franciscan friar Richard Rohr. A touching man indeed. Have a listen
https://onbeing.org/programs/richard-rohr-living-in-deep-time/
Thanks for the additional info, Gev. :thumbsup: I have to confess that I haven't gone to listen to the link you provided; too often I feel like I'm on "borrowed time" rather than "deep time". :( (Is "On Being" the radio program hosted by Krista Tippett?)

Very unfamiliar with the new format, so test post I guess. Carried these today.

Edit: I am doing something wrong or having an issue with Photobucket

[/URL]
174790BE-4E28-4385-8295-9D770970B792_zpsnvbnvxul.jpg
Looks like you eventually passed the posting test, Tom! :cool: Another of your memorable combos! :thumbsup:

View attachment 698743 Nice knives everyone. TC in the outback for me recently.
Superb photo, MJ! :thumbsup: To this lifelong Midwest US resident, that looks like fascinating, but alien, landscape.:rolleyes:

With all the Winchester Black Box mania I've been indulging in lately, Mr Ohta asked me for consideration. It did not fall on deaf ears. Great long blade that fills the handle - unlike some makers....simple Rat-Tail and the Stag is OK too :D

IMG_3210.jpg
Two transcendent knives, Will! :thumbsup: So you think the stag on the Ohta is OK, do you??;)

LOL! Good stuff GT! :D :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
(I do wish the :thumbup: code was the same)
Thanks my friend, that's Victoria Bridge over the River Aire in Leeds :thumbsup:
Your Colt Canoe is looking good :thumbsup:
Carrying my new Lambsfoot today :)

A.Wright%20SB%20Large%20Lambsfoot%201-3_zpsdsfqtvxo.jpg
Thanks for indulging me in so many ways, Jack.:thumbsup:
Will has a knife that has similar markings to your "red buffalo"; the markings on both remind me of birds' wing tips! :cool:

Yes, an Imperial, pre-war (I think, but don't know). OH
Thanks, OH. :thumbsup: There are Imperial tang stamp charts that show up periodically on which tang stamps are arranged by the years they were used. Are those inconclusive on dating your knife (some of the date ranges are quite large, i think)?

I don't do anything special, just cut some fruit. Oh, and I like to cut my burgers and sandwiches into quarters (it's more lady-like :p ) So it gets to cut onions and jalapeños. :thumbsup:
I was experimenting with uploading pictures directly to the thread, but it seems those can't be quoted the same way as a Photobucket link?
Today I'm carrying my Case Punch Stockman, because I'm expecting its yellow brother in the mail soon. Case only offers this knife in cv in amber bone, and yellow Delrin. As I learned with the Chestnut cv Sway Jack Jack, you never know when a popular pattern will be discontinued.
20161208_102555_zpsl5bwcjio.jpg
Thanks for the description of your knife usage, and for some of your photo-posting experiments. :cool: I'm not very adventurous, I guess; my imgur method from before still works, so that's what I've been doing until I have a better grasp of what the options (and their implications) are. I really admire the bone on your amber punch stockman. Often I think that Case's amber jigged bone is too light for my taste, but yours seems to have darkened in a very attractive way! :thumbsup:

Paul T, I like that black/red combo! :thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary! It is very good to see your Colt Canoe; they did a good job on that one! :thumbsup: (oooh, I used another thumbs up!)
I am only carrying one knife today, my red Vic Cadet; it's just right for a day in shorts.

IMG_7945.jpg
Thanks for the Colt Canoe Compliment, Dean. :) The red Cadet is a mood-raiser any time, but I especially like that cap! :cool: The dermatologist says I have to wear a billed cap any time I go outside during the day to keep the sun off my face, so I have a cap rotation as well as a knife rotation. I should start picking up knife-related caps to wear. That's the first Vic cap I've seen, but I'm quite sure I've seen Case and Buck at least. I'm kind of excited about the idea; I may divert some of my monthly knife budget to a cap budget for a while. :rolleyes:

You're obviously quite happy with that combo, Bill! :thumbsup: I'm really drawn to your little whittler.

Quite unique, bozack! :cool: I haven't seen a curved barlow since Barrett's April Fool's prank, but yours is authentic! :p

That's a shapely whittler right there, Dee! :thumbsup: You're posting some voluptuous knives this week! :cool:

My yellow fellow just got here. I had to take a picture right away while it's still shiny. Soon it will have a lovely contrasting patina. :)
Case%20Punch%20Stockman%20Yellow_zpslxf4k1ph.jpg
Congrats on your yellow delrin punch stockman, r8shell! :cool: Always pleasing to see you proselytizing as a punch proponent! ;)

Another knockout, Mike! :thumbsup: Col. Coon? Swell-center whittler?

I found a chestnut bone jack at a Case dealer the previous weekend, couldn't pass it up even though I have 2 already.
Congrats on picking up another chestnut bone CV SBJ, Mike! :thumbsup:

My Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Keen Kutter Office Knife (thanks, Mark):
BJjCiCk.jpg

My non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Pocket Pal:
WPqvRKU.jpg

My Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is an LF&C (thanks again, Mark):
DOy0j1A.jpg

- GT

Picked this up off the forums, Fantoni Dweller slip joint, quite a light pull but not too light, could stand to have had a stronger back spring would be my preference.
Wood is very nice, blade sharpened up like a straight razor, very keen sandvik steel on this, I know the hardware may be disconcerting to some but it is in my eyes a traditional folder and carry it as that.

IMG_1472 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

I should start picking up knife-related caps to wear. That's the first Vic cap I've seen, but I'm quite sure I've seen Case and Buck at least. I'm kind of excited about the idea; I may divert some of my monthly knife budget to a cap budget for a while. :rolleyes:
Go for it! Boker makes a nice looking one.
09BO001.jpg

Congrats on your yellow delrin punch stockman, r8shell! :cool: Always pleasing to see you proselytizing as a punch proponent! ;)
:thumbsup: Thanks! That punch is the best thing for working with epoxy. Opening blocked tubes and scraping off the excess, and I don't worry about getting it messy like I would with one of my GECs.

My Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Keen Kutter Office Knife (thanks, Mark):
BJjCiCk.jpg
Very cool Miscellaneous Knife. :thumbsup:

That's a shapely whittler right there, Dee! :thumbsup: You're posting some voluptuous knives this week! :cool:

BJjCiCk.jpg

My non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Pocket Pal:
WPqvRKU.jpg

My Watch Pocket Knife of the Week is an LF&C (thanks again, Mark):
DOy0j1A.jpg

Appreciate it, Gary!
It's been a Multi-Blade Week, thus far. :)

Choice companions you got there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm usually down the market early on a Thursday morning, but I have to wait in for a washing-machine to be delivered, they gave me a "window" of between 7am and 2pm
clear.png
Hoping to get out at some point with my new Lambsfoot in my pocket :thumbsup:

I'm off to see a play in the evening, so going to change over to this small Wragg Penknife
clear.png

I'm usually down the market early on a Thursday morning, but I have to wait in for a washing-machine to be delivered, they gave me a "window" of between 7am and 2pm
clear.png
Hoping to get out at some point with my new Lambsfoot in my pocket :thumbsup:
How panoramic! I hope you were first on the list.

Back