What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Thanks! He's a member/maker here - AJF. I thinks he's going to be doing another for me but it'll be more towards summer. I'd definitely contact him if you're looking at having a custom made.

Thanks for the reference... I've been meaning to make the jump to a custom traditional--this may be the push I need!

My latest and greatest scout knife. Made on contract by Camillus for United Cutlery, who in turn sold it to the Sierra Club. Tons of nifty 440A stainless steel tools, including wood saw, and resin impregnated rosewood covers.

i3Rh2wVh.jpg
I clicked that like button FIVE times! That shield! Gorgeous!

Greetings All!!

I haven't posted much or at all lately. I've been rather ill for some time. I just got out of the hospital on Friday and I'm finally starting to feel much better. I had my gall bladder removed.

I haven't had time to view the many, many pages of posts I missed but I will make an effort in the next few days.

I went with a couple of my favorites today.

BS5yckXl.jpg

Have a great day everyone!

Hope you're feeling better soon Ken :thumbsup:

Always great to see a Lambsfoot at work
clear.png
:thumbsup:

Carrying the Needham Lambsfoot Duncan kindly gifted me today
clear.png

How do you like that one? I almost jumped on it but I had something else come up. I really like the Dogleg I picked up from Ian.
My initial impression is very good. It also hits the sweet spot for size & utility that I like. Pull is light, but good half stop and nice snap. I think it will be a regular carry.

I haven't checked in for a few days - so many gorgeous knives posted!

And today.

That Northwoods is rather striking. Love, love, love the steel and ebony contrast. I can't tell by the pic but is that a single spring?

Recycled Picture, but I'm too lazy to climb three flights of stairs to get my phone and, so on.

View attachment 701410

Been totin this one today, and will be totin it tomorrow also.
Talon.JPG

Gentlemen, those Talons are amazing. Such handsome knives. The ebony handles are just top notch in my opinion.

I agree with Jack Black Jack Black , nice to see a lambsfoot (or any knife for that matter) at work.

Hope you're feeling better soon Ken :thumbsup:

Always great to see a Lambsfoot at work
clear.png
:thumbsup:

Carrying the Needham Lambsfoot Duncan kindly gifted me today
clear.png

This may be a silly question, but do you find that you use the secondary blades often on your 2 blade lambsfoot knives? I am not sure why this stood out to me, other then that I have been looking at single blade lambsfoot knives as of late. I've also noticed that 2 blade knives such as the GEC #14 do not seem to sell as quickly as the single blade versions. Mostly just thinking out loud I suppose...

Recycled pic, but this is one of my carries for the day. It is not so nice outside today, in fact it is pouring buckets at the moment...

8s9CTsA.jpg

My ever present John Lloyd Trapper and a little sheath knife from Don Cowles, amber dyed Sambar Stag, CPM154 steel, RC 59, 6” OAL, Gold pins, 18K gold insert with ruby. The sheath is cowhide with pigskin lining.
awbnGcF.jpg

This may be a silly question, but do you find that you use the secondary blades often on your 2 blade lambsfoot knives? I am not sure why this stood out to me, other then that I have been looking at single blade lambsfoot knives as of late. I've also noticed that 2 blade knives such as the GEC #14 do not seem to sell as quickly as the single blade versions. Mostly just thinking out loud I suppose...

That's an interesting question :) With other patterns, I use the pen blade quite a lot, but with a Lambsfoot, I find that I can do just about anything I want with the main blade, it's so versatile, one of the reasons I like it so much :thumbsup:

That's an interesting question :) With other patterns, I use the pen blade quite a lot, but with a Lambsfoot, I find that I can do just about anything I want with the main blade, it's so versatile, one of the reasons I like it so much :thumbsup:

I think that was kind of what was tickling my brain a bit. I have not had the pleasure yet of handling one, but it has always appeared to be so versatile that it wouldn't necessarily warrant a secondary blade. Perhaps that is why it stood out to me, so many other knives have secondary blades and I usually don't bat an eye.

My ever present John Lloyd Trapper and a little sheath knife from Don Cowles, amber dyed Sambar Stag, CPM154 steel, RC 59, 6” OAL, Gold pins, 18K gold insert with ruby. The sheath is cowhide with pigskin lining.
awbnGcF.jpg

Boy Gary, love that Lloyd but your little fixed is a real gem:cool::thumbsup:

I think that was kind of what was tickling my brain a bit. I have not had the pleasure yet of handling one, but it has always appeared to be so versatile that it wouldn't necessarily warrant a secondary blade. Perhaps that is why it stood out to me, so many other knives have secondary blades and I usually don't bat an eye.

A secondary blade is definitely something I would normally look for, but with a Lambsfoot it's almost superfluous. I like the ones I have with secondary blades, but if you're thinking of getting your first Lambsfoot, my recommendation would be a single blade. It's a supremely versatile blade in my opinion, and a knife with great ergonomics :thumbsup:

awbnGcF.jpg

Excellent Gary:thumbsup::thumbsup: I can't get enough of that stag Lloyd !

Back