What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sounds like a first-rate day trip, Jack. :thumbsup:

Jk382jA.jpg

VMf4v74.jpg

It wasn't a bad day GT :) Nice Big Pruner, and it is always good to see your special Peanut :)

Really? That's a coincidence because I was thinking of the East Lancs Railway.
http://www.eastlancsrailway.org.uk/

Thanks 5K. May I say that's a fantastic pruner sir. That rams horn looks a lot different than the rams horn that I've seen previously...I think posted by Mr Black? Anyway, a fine looking monster of a knife :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That IS a coincidence! :) It seemed like a good thing to do with the weather being unsettled, hope you have a great day :thumbsup:

Still carrying this Boker.
l183oT4.jpg

I don't blame you! Great-looking knife :thumbsup:

I'll be off out early tomorrow, but have these two set aside ;) Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::D:thumbsup: Now that's civilized!

You always identify the ideal image to illustrate a point, Barrett! :thumbsup::D I can't believe r8shell would accuse me of savagery when she apparently impales innocent grapes on her steel pike! :eek: She should know that will lead directly to the wrath of grapes!! :rolleyes::p
Bisecting a grape lets all the flavor out!

I look forward all year to summer, but triple-digit temps are a bit excessive! :eek::thumbsdown: Fortunately, you've got a delightful duo there, Tom, that are so hot they make the ambient temp feel cool by comparison! :thumbsup::cool::rolleyes:
I look forward to winter around here. It's what folks up north would call autumn, and it's our reward for surviving the triple digit summer.

I'm just carrying a wee sleeveboard today.
#09 acrylic 2 .jpg

Another Hot n Muggy day but the upside was I power washed versus staining today:thumbsup:

Pocketed my latest knife from Ian today:)

pgmEmx.jpg

Paul that is another beautiful knife my friend. But it is one that looks like it can do a hard days work if needed! :thumbsup:

My lamb foot was getting jealous since I've been carrying one of my Davison's every day for a couple weeks or more. So, I had to switch it up.

2Ge9ASt.jpg

Alan that is some beautiful Horn on your A. Wright & Sons! :thumbsup:

John it's always great to see those beautiful 15's Sir! :thumbsup:

Bob my friend, I saw you snag this beauty off the exchange the other day. It's a beautiful knife. I have a Northfield 77 Yankee Jack in Kingwood, also from the exchange, they are great knives indeed. However I believe yours might be just a little bit pretty than mine! ;)

This Ebony TC has been tagging along today. Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)
33199843581_cdd2829b65_b_d.jpg

Thanks Ron. I had one just like it before and always regretted selling it. But it did go to a good home with Barrett though. :D I agree in that the Northfields from that run were exceptionally well done. I remember toiling over the Jigged bone like I got or the Kingwood as they are equally as nice.
And speaking of nice, it's always nice to see your Ebony TC. :thumbsup:

Thanks, folks, to all who commented about my Gerber stockman :)

It feels very nice to know its accepted here. And I'm loving looking at each and every traditional knife posted here. It's like looking at American history (except for the non-American knives, of course) and imagining how they were used in the past.

:thumbsup:

That is gorgeous, Macchina!

It's amazing how quickly this thread grows. It's impossible to keep up with y'all!

I'm kicking around the house this evening with my ever-present Bermuda Green Peanut and one of my newest knives: this fantastic little JK Knives Bluegill in Osage-over-Blue. I love using this little guy (5 1/2" OAL) around the house for plastic food packaging, tape, cardboard boxes, mail, and other general kick-around-the-house chores.

imsVmiM.jpg

Paul, I really like this knife. What is the blade and closed length? That's micarta, right? Be nice to see both of your van Reenen's together at some point.

Bisecting a grape lets all the flavor out!

I'm just carrying a wee sleeveboard today.
View attachment 737950
LOL Rachel. I've noticed the same thing about cut sandwiches. Like your knife too. What pattern and scale material is that?

Mine today.
IMG_20170721_150126331-2-2016x1272 (1).jpg

LOL Rachel. I've noticed the same thing about cut sandwiches. Like your knife too. What pattern and scale material is that?
It's OK to cut sandwiches, as long as you cut them diagonally. :D
Thanks, the knife is a GEC #9 esquire in blue corduroy acrylic. It's hard to photograph, but in the right light it's got tiny sparkles.

Bob, I still contend that that's one of the best looking knives GEC has made. :thumbsup: Great shot, too!

You always identify the ideal image to illustrate a point, Barrett! :thumbsup::D I can't believe r8shell would accuse me of savagery when she apparently impales innocent grapes on her steel pike! :eek: She should know that will lead directly to the wrath of grapes!! :rolleyes::p

Barrett, I admire your spreadsheet for organizing/comparing features of stockman models! :cool: I hope you don't suffer the social stigma I sometimes feel when people scoff at my rotation schedule! :(:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info about the Case medium jack as a Texas Jack substitute. I like that medium jack (although I'm currently enamored with pen knife set-ups with a blade at each end), but there's something distinctive about the relatively broad pen blade on the Texas Jack, at least to me.

Thanks, GT. I'm prepared to be stigmatized for my stockman spreadsheet (but I hope they don't find out about the one I use to catalogue my knife collection; it puts that one to shame!) :eek: :D

I would have never noticed the difference between the pen blades on the Texas Jack and Medium Jack, but the one on the Medium Jack does look smaller. Well observed!

Just a humble Opinel (No. 7) for me today.

PEL4AyM.jpg

Back