What watch do you wear?

My jeweler had one in stock. Just got lucky I guess.

Much as love nice watches---mine are increasingly being left behind----with the clock --and all the other functions of my new smart phone.

My watches are just becoming dead weight---I'm already weighted down with 2 knives--lighter (don't smoke anymore)--carmex stick---2 sets of keys (work/home)--pens--phone---wallet---flashlight---money clip.

See what I mean about lightening the load.

I leave the house without my underwear more often than I leave without a watch on my wrist.

G-9000MS-1DR.jpg

Mudman: Men in rusty black.
generated_9EhKB297VFaVEBWgen8Aie-30_350_350.jpeg

Nixon: The Scout​

I leave the house without my underwear more often than I leave without a watch on my wrist.

I always wear my watch. Don't own/wear a lick of underwear :)

I mostly wear a Rolex gold Submariner. It balances the beer stein in my other hand.

Where can i get that Kevlar strap? I am looking to change the leather one on my Tissot.

Do a google search for carbon fiber watch strap. Hirsch is a good brand, the one in the photo could be a Morellato or Piero Magli due to the orange stitching. I believe Hirsch is only available with white stitching but I could be wrong.

watches are a weakness, like knives for a few folks around here
Panerai 111H
Omega Speedy pro moon watch
Rolex sub
IWC Fleiger
IWC Pilot

Attachments

• rolex1.jpg
    rolex1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 132
  • k2.JPG
    k2.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 106
Do a google search for carbon fiber watch strap. Hirsch is a good brand, the one in the photo could be a Morellato or Piero Magli due to the orange stitching. I believe Hirsch is only available with white stitching but I could be wrong.

Mine's a Piero.

I too never leave home without a watch on my wrist. I find it very comfortable not having to rely on other people or other clocks to check the time.

To add to my previous post I find it strange when people don't wear watches, especially people on EDC/survival preparation forums. To me a watch should be one of the core items of any EDC set up. No disrespect intended to those who don't wear them. I'll put it this way and this is just because of how I was brought up I guess. Not wearing a watch in public is like going out barefoot or bareback. My watches aren't "High value" $1000+ pieces, but they're nice watches and I think a nice watch puts the finishing touch on your appearance, how you project yourself to others, etc. I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words but hopefully you get the idea.

Guys tend to look at girls faces, boobs and butt. I've been told that women look at a guy's shoes and watch.

I've always found that a watch is one of the essential items. It can also be used for navigation.

Much as love nice watches---mine are increasingly being left behind----with the clock --and all the other functions of my new smart phone.

My watches are just becoming dead weight---I'm already weighted down with 2 knives--lighter (don't smoke anymore)--carmex stick---2 sets of keys (work/home)--pens--phone---wallet---flashlight---money clip.

See what I mean about lightening the load.

I'm the same, there was a time when my wrist was pale as a ghost! I rarely took my watch off, let alone left the house without it...but since I finished my trade I cant work wearing anything constrictive or I risk losing an appendage, and it wouldnt last long! Being a machinist can be rough.

My phone can tell me the time, has calender, hell I can even browse BFC on it :D and it fits in my top pocket nicely. That said, I do enjoy wearing a nice wrist wratch but fear destroying anything worth more than $500.

To add to my previous post I find it strange when people don't wear watches, especially people on EDC/survival preparation forums. To me a watch should be one of the core items of any EDC set up. No disrespect intended to those who don't wear them. I'll put it this way and this is just because of how I was brought up I guess. Not wearing a watch in public is like going out barefoot or bareback. My watches aren't "High value" $1000+ pieces, but they're nice watches and I think a nice watch puts the finishing touch on your appearance, how you project yourself to others, etc. I'm having a hard time putting my thoughts into words but hopefully you get the idea.

Guys tend to look at girls faces, boobs and butt. I've been told that women look at a guy's shoes and watch.

How is survival related to watches? In a survival situation ur priority is least about what exact time of the day it is. Its a nice to have feature but not a bare essential. Navigation can be done by looking at the sun/stars.

How is survival related to watches? In a survival situation ur priority is least about what exact time of the day it is. Its a nice to have feature but not a bare essential. Navigation can be done by looking at the sun/stars.

or a water leaf compass.

Hey Maverick, I wasn't referring to the survival part, I was coming from the angle that most people on forums like this tend to be "gadget geeks" like myself. Always looking for the latest "toy". A watch is one of the oldest items to fill this category so that's why I found it interesting that so many don't wear one. I would have assumed that most everyone here would be wearing a watch.

It could be used for timing so that you know how long you're spending on each task like building shelter or getting fire wood so that you can prioritise what to do based on how long you have left till it's dark. But it's not like it's an item that takes up space or weighs you down anyway, it's not necessary but very useful to have.

I agree that the time is not top priority, but it can be very handy. If you know when the sun goes down and a quick glance at your watch tells you what time it is, then you have a good indication of how much time is left to build a shelter and make fire. There are probably several other ways to estimate time, but if it can be done easily...

Edit: LOL, just saw Roger999 wrote something similar.

Back