What's on your keys?

I know you guys all have stuff on your keys but what is it? I ordered some stuff for my keys recently and wanted to know what you guys have and recomend. Right now I have a Peanut Lighter on order and a TOPS whistle. I want a P51 can opener for it but I can't find a site that has just one or dosn't have insane shipping prices. But post what you have on your keys right now.

Pictures prefered.

I carry 3 keyrings as a matter of course.
Car keys - has a Vic Classic on it.
House keys - has a Maglite Solitaire on it + a pair of screwdrivers from County Comm
Church keys - has a Leatherman Micra on it.

I use the Vic for the scissors and toothpick.
I use the County Comm screwdrivers on larger screws.
I use the Micra screwdrivers on small screws. The Micra will bend if I torque it much, so I don't use it on large screws.

The tweezers on the Micra suck at pulling splinters. The Solitaire is as much light as I need for the middle of the night or working on the back of a computer trying to read the label on the various jacks, and it is cheap.

If I had to thin down what I carry, I guess I would leave it at the Solitaire and the Classic.

Here's a pic of the County Comm screwdrivers. I like them a lot.
screwkey3large.jpg

Picture of pocket contents from before I added the County Comm Screwdrivers.
08-11-01.jpg

I keep one house key, one car key, a photon freedom light and a victorinox manager.

I've been trying to maximize usefulness with minimal bulk and I think this does it :D

I carry 3 keyrings as a matter of course.
Car keys - has a Vic Classic on it.
House keys - has a Maglite Solitaire on it + a pair of screwdrivers from County Comm
Church keys - has a Leatherman Micra on it.

I use the Vic for the scissors and toothpick.
I use the County Comm screwdrivers on larger screws.
I use the Micra screwdrivers on small screws. The Micra will bend if I torque it much, so I don't use it on large screws.

The tweezers on the Micra suck at pulling splinters. The Solitaire is as much light as I need for the middle of the night or working on the back of a computer trying to read the label on the various jacks, and it is cheap.

If I had to thin down what I carry, I guess I would leave it at the Solitaire and the Classic.

Here's a pic of the County Comm screwdrivers. I like them a lot.
screwkey3large.jpg

Picture of pocket contents from before I added the County Comm Screwdrivers.
08-11-01.jpg

Is that a Benchmade Monocrome I spy?

I keep a Spyderco Dragonfly, Nite Core EX10, and Leatherman Squirt P4 on mine. Attached with a carabiner for easy removal to use individually.

I cannot stand a big wad of Janitor's keys, so all I have on my keys is a Fox 40 Micro whistle and a tiny 8 gig Super Talent Pico-C thumb drive with encrypted data (in case it falls into enemy hands):

Picture759.jpg

If I do carry additional toys, it is on a separate ring:

Picture760.jpg

Countycomm fans will recognize most of this.

Or something like this:

Oct-3.jpg

I keep a Spyderco Dragonfly, Nite Core EX10, and Leatherman Squirt P4 on mine. Attached with a carabiner for easy removal to use individually.

I used to carry my keys on a carabiner but all they would do is jingle around so I just took them off and dropped in my pocket.

Its a pry thing sold by Peter Atwood. Can't recall what its called, but it came in different lengths. Don't think he sells them anymore, but there are probably some floating around.

Here it is. Its called a wedgie.

Dang I like how the wedgie looks, i've been using my makeshift pry bar thing made out of some broken sissors that I filed down.

Ok, being highly subject to peer pressure, I have changed my secondary ring to this. Along with my S&W 442, Blackberry Curve, Endura 4 SE, Victorinox Explorer Plus, Sharpie Twin Tip and Quark 123 light, I think I am ready for action:

Picture.jpg

Atwood pry thing, Fenix L0D light (feeding on a rechargeable), Fox 40 Micro, and Super Talent thumb drive.

Ok, being highly subject to peer pressure, I have changed my secondary ring to this. Along with my S&W 442, Blackberry Curve, Endura 4 SE, Victorinox Explorer Plus, Sharpie Twin Tip and Quark 123 light, I think I am ready for action:

Picture.jpg

Atwood pry thing, Fenix L0D light (feeding on a rechargeable), Fox 40 Micro, and Super Talent thumb drive.

I'm really digging your Atwood Pry bar things.

Tis' the season :D

I keep my keys on a lanyard out of habit, on the ring is a led thumblight, a tritium vial, and my keys...thats all.

Trit makes a nice glow so I can find my keys at night and the led thumblight lets me find anything else at night. People ask why I have the Trit & LED on my keychain and I always have to restrain myself from slapping them...How many times have you dropped your keys at night and wished you had a flashlight to find them? Kinda sucks when the flashlight is attached to the keychain you dropped eh?

I keep my keys on a lanyard out of habit, on the ring is a led thumblight, a tritium vial, and my keys...thats all.

Trit makes a nice glow so I can find my keys at night and the led thumblight lets me find anything else at night. People ask why I have the Trit & LED on my keychain and I always have to restrain myself from slapping them...How many times have you dropped your keys at night and wished you had a flashlight to find them? Kinda sucks when the flashlight is attached to the keychain you dropped eh?

Once I dropped my keys in the grass outside my house I had no flashlight so I had to rake the grass till I found them 40+ minutes later. One of the reasons I want to get an EDC flashlight.

On my keys there are only house keys and car keys. Oh and a work key. My wifes keys however.. they look like a prison guards keys.

On mine I've got keys, Vic Classic, iTP A3 EOS upgrade, mini-mag bar, peanut lighter, county comm pry bar, and whistle - all connected by paracord to a biner that clips onto my belt loop. This way it dangles in my pocket and doesn't bunch up at the bottom, and it's not so easy to lose.

I might replace the mini-mag bar with a BSA hotspark...will know for sure when it gets here. I've been thinking about carrying a secondary ring to hold just the tools...but I think I'll keep em together just because it's only one thing to grab. I also carry my phone, folder, and Vic Farmer in my two front pockets - don't want to add any more.

When I find my Camera I will take a picture of my stuff, but i'll give you a discription right now. Since I can't order stuff and I have to rely on friends to get it for me I don't have much right now. I took a broken pair of Fiskars plastic handles sissors and since they have two holes in them I made a quick lanyard on the small one and put my key ring on the bigger one. Then I took my metal file and filed down the point to the sissor blade to make it flat. Now I can use it as kind of a pry bar, a screwdriver and on the lanyard side it goes to a slight point so I filed it down so I can use that side to clean out my fingernails. As of now I have a Peanut lighter that is on order so that will be joining my stuff soon also i've been trying to get someone to order my TOPS survival whistle but most of my friends are on vacation as of now. And I have to run down to the local surplus store to get a P51 or P38 can opener for my keys. I'm pretty sure they have them there so i'm hoping next time I run down there I can get one. I would carry a small knife on my keys but I plan on taking these to School everyday so I don't want to get in trouble for something as stupid as that. So do you guys have anything anything else you think I should add?

Key's apart, I only carry a Swiss Tech Ulili-Key on my keyring. Fitting midway between my larger and smaller keys, it's inconspicuous.

I don't like lots of gear on my keyring, that's what my belt holsters and daysack carried back-up kit bag are for. I keep an elastic band around my keys and Swiss Tool to cut out rattling.

Utili-Key-450.jpg
swisstech001%20059.jpg
utilikey3.JPG

Back