where do we do the next challenge?

You're a bastard Ken, but you already know that. :) If it doesn't have a corkscrew and toothpick it shouldn't qualify. :eek: Truthfully, I think simple, slim, and secure is the best course of action.

Here's one from Bruce that I really like. Enjoy the view...

NeckKnifePlusv2.jpg

You're a bastard Ken, but you already know that. :) If it doesn't have a corkscrew and toothpick it shouldn't qualify. :eek: Truthfully, I think simple, slim, and secure is the best course of action...

I agree with you. Simple and secure are two of the most important things when it comes to small fixed blades, in my opinion.

Coulda did without the picture though. :eek::eek:

I think my pasty whiteness accentuates the tiger stripe g-10 rather nicely.

Part of the testing should be to see if the 'as it came edge' shaves JCav's belly hair. Oops, looks like somebody nicked the nipple already!

Part of the testing should be to see if the 'as it came edge' shaves JCav's belly hair. Oops, looks like somebody nicked the nipple already!

I am sure as hell happy I am not judging this one!

Belly hair? I had just shaved it down...that's just 5 o'clock shadow!

Oh, and one warning about neckers...apparently they make you look fat.

Last edited:
I would be interested in this one, unless you go the folder route (No Broke Backs from me)...:D

That **** ain't right.

You can hold my knife, but don't try to put it in my sheath, yknow.

Okay, now we need a testin crew. and a mode, probably.

Like I said I would like to help...you won't hurt my feelings if you don't need it though.

I'd be in for this one. I could use a good challenge again to get my butt grinding, I need to improve over the last one!

That **** ain't right.

You can hold my knife, but don't try to put it in my sheath, yknow.

Okay, now we need a testin crew. and a mode, probably.

If you want to win, you should make them all send their knives to you for 'initial' impressions, than dull all of them and make the handles all rough :p

The group in Socal would be good if they'd test them.

I suggest having The Game judge this one if he's up to it. He was one of the folks who dreamed up the early challenges in the first place and sort of brainstormed the different challenge themes. I guess he's just some Random bastid, but it would be good to get his opinion. Especially given his fixation on choppers this event on neck knives would make him think a bit. I did like how the last contest managed to get more then one tester. I wonder if there is anybody else in Ohio near Random who could participate in the testing and agree to a reasonable timeline for doing so?

I agree with Ken, The Game goes to the top of the list if he's willing. If not, and they head down to SoCal, I'd be up for giving them a test (promise I'd wear a shirt and they wouldn't touch body hair.). There are enough of us locally that we could probably get together and get it done at one sitting.

I suggest having The Game judge this one if he's up to it. He was one of the folks who dreamed up the early challenges in the first place and sort of brainstormed the different challenge themes. I guess he's just some Random bastid, but it would be good to get his opinion. Especially given his fixation on choppers this event on neck knives would make him think a bit. I did like how the last contest managed to get more then one tester. I wonder if there is anybody else in Ohio near Random who could participate in the testing and agree to a reasonable timeline for doing so?
I am totally a Random person. ;) And, there is nothing wrong with a fixation on choppers. :eek:

I agree with Ken, The Game goes to the top of the list if he's willing. If not, and they head down to SoCal, I'd be up for giving them a test (promise I'd wear a shirt and they wouldn't touch body hair.). There are enough of us locally that we could probably get together and get it done at one sitting.

I'd honestly rather not. No real reason, I just like the reading the reviews that the others have done.

And there is a good deal of people in Socal that could get together easier than I would be able to. Besides, my opinion would be biased. I'd make Christof lose on purpose :p

As long as Jcav PUTS ON A SHIRT, there's enough guys in socal that he could probably get some group scoring.

I think TheGame would be good, but yeah- if he's not wanting to push on it, that's cool. He keeps busy chopping winter firewood with knives, after all.

I will do the multivariate stats on scores again if folks like. You know with the right stats, you can make the data say anything. That way I can take bribes and appear to not do so with my black box algorithms :D

I will do the multivariate stats on scores again if folks like. You know with the right stats, you can make the data say anything. That way I can take bribes and appear to not do so with my black box algorithms :D

I want to win, even though I am not entering. What do I need to bribe you with? ;P

I liked how you did it last time, though I didn't understand it 100% at first. So I would like it if you'd do it again.

I almost want to say- get deeper into the stats. of course, a larger sample size would help with that, but even n=5 you can have some fun.

Back