1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Where the heck are the real word pictures of the new SR1

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Mick_1KRR, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Still not a peep on the SR1, so frustrating.

2. organiccannibal

organiccannibal

Apr 20, 2017
    Yeah!? The rumored April release of the sr1 is bothersome. I'm very impatient to have this knife in my hands. S35 VN happens to be a well balanced steel ,hopefully less prone to chip than s30v and close to being resilient like CTS xhp. I'm hoping this knife is as good as the recon 1.

3. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    My thoughts exactly. Been wanting a heavy duty NON COATED blade to kick my recons out the pocket for such a long time. The talwar came close but i really do prefer drop or clip points for carry and use. Been carrying the 4max a lot and loving it but the SR1 is like a 4max just a little more carry friendly in a variety of shorts/pants. Just release the dam thing already.

4. organiccannibal

organiccannibal

Apr 20, 2017
    The 4 max was very intriguing, though I couldn't stomach spending 350 on a knife. 800 lb weight hang is insane. You could climb a damn tree with it. Way overpriced in my opinion..

5. G. Scott H.

G. Scott H. Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Got my standard weekly update from knifecenter this morning. No change. Here's hoping for a May release! :thumbsup:

Ordered: 1
    In Stock: 0
    Part Number: CS62L
    Description: Cold Steel 62L SR1 Folding Knife 4" S35VN Clip Point Blade, OD Green G10 Handles