Which of these knives would you pick?

If you had to pick 5 out of these 9 knives, which would you pick?

Cold Steel: Voyager large, Recon 1(both Aus 8)

Real Steel: E771 sea eagle Explorer, H6 Blue sheep

Kershaw: Oso Sweet, Emerson CQC-7k

CRKT: Endorser, Ripple 2, Liong mah Remedy

I'm more a collector. So what I would be looking for is just a good overall quality.

Last edited:
Emerson 7k, Recon 1 are both great knives.

That Real Steel Sea Eagle explorer looks amazing though. It might actually be the best choice of all.

Kershaw Oso-Sweet. Great knife. I've carried one for a long time. Well made. Several blade coatings and handle colors available including one exclusive to Knifecenter. Also have several CRKTs, but none you mention; I really like my
M4-02W.

Rich

I'm more a collector. So what I would be looking for is just a good overall quality.

Cold Steel Voyager and Recon: Awesome lock, excellent ergos, incredibly strong for the weight, superb grinds. These are true workhorses and heavy duty affordable folders

7KQ5IJN.jpg

Kershaw OSO Sweet and CQC-7k: When you need a normal EDC, not a tank of a folder, and a fun knife to play and fondle, or show other people, carry discreetly etc.

DJvdeYG.jpg

CRKT Ripple 2: For a very small, light and pretty folder to use around people or non-permissive environments, with decent easy to maintain steel and a gentlemanly look

Wtlsxqg.jpg

None are significantly higher or lower quality than any of the others.

So buy the one you like. It's your collection. There's gotta be one you that gives you a warm knife fuzzy.

I don't think that there is anything bad about getting some opinions of people who have actually tried some of these knives. I didnt say that I would buy this or that just because a user said it. It's a forum, people here just share their experiences to help others.

Well... It's your collection, and I realize this input is not a direct answer to your question, but perhaps mgt provoke some thought.

You say you're a collector and you're looking for good overall quality... but you're asking about buying five knives that are somewhat budget oriented.
If you've got the coin for five inexpensive knives, you have the money for a nicer knife like a sprint run PM2 or some such that has higher quality, will retain value better, and be more collectible. For a collector who is looking for quality, those would seem to be desireanle traits.

If however you're a collector looking for quantity rather than quality, of course there's a trade off.

Cold Steel Voyager and Recon: Awesome lock, excellent ergos, incredibly strong for the weight, superb grinds. These are true workhorses and heavy duty affordable folders

7KQ5IJN.jpg

BTW User17, the Voyager does not come with the zip tied nut. That custom work can only be done at your local hardware store.
o_O

If however you're a collector looking for quantity rather than quality, of course there's a trade off.

More a good balance between quality and quantity. I wouldn't buy 10 Tac Force or BokerMagnum knives, but also not a single ZT high-end knife. I try to be somewhere in the middle.

B Basp2005 why wouldn't you choose CRKT?

If the voyager is free of that terrible coating that Cold Steel used back then I'd go with it. The AUS 8 is fine and the tri-ad lock is a beast.

If this thread is given enough time, there will probably be hundreds of suggestions since there are thousands of members. ;) That is a good thing for our hobby and the knife maker/manufacturers. :cool: Are you asking for general use, EDC, camping, etc.etc. etc. I could not even pick a top 10. :eek:

Are you asking for general use, EDC, camping, etc.etc. etc. I could not even pick a top 10. :eek:

I am more into collecting. I mainly want to use the knives for lighter everyday stuff such as cutting vegetables, opening letters, parcels etc. but I would say its a good thing to have a workhorse around, like the Cold Steel knives, eventually for some heavier tasks.

I just ordered my second Real Steel Sea Eagle. Amazing knife!!! Especially for the price! Great action, lock up, heat treat, ergonomics, etc. I don't really care about this, but it is a very smooth flipper!!

Second would be Cold Steel Recon 1

Back