• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

who can make this?

Yes, You would be best off getting a hold of the original maker and see what he can do for your price range.

You are not going to get to far asking makers to tell you what maker to use when you want a knife designed by another maker.

I can make you a knife in your $200 range but it will not be anything like the knife in the pic. I will not use someone else's design and I do not know to many makers that will.

Why don't you start emailing all the makers on this site and others until you find one that can make what you want?
You might get a little further than what your getting here.

Yes, You would be best off getting a hold of the original maker and see what he can do for your price range.

You are not going to get to far asking makers to tell you what maker to use when you want a knife designed by another maker.

I can make you a knife in your $200 range but it will not be anything like the knife in the pic. I will not use someone else's design and I do not know to many makers that will.

Why don't you start emailing all the makers on this site and others until you find one that can make what you want?
You might get a little further than what your getting here.

Well said Ern!

At least contact Randy and give him a chance to make another one. How do you know you cant afford him anyway? If you are OK with a monosteel maybe he can please you. Besides you get what you pay for. I stopped selling 440C blades 15 years ago because they dont cut it anymore.

This knife may be a drop point and I know there are a million drop points but it says HHH right on the side. We all know who HHH is. Dont copy his work. Draw your own drop point and post a picture of your drawing here instead of asking makers to copy somebodys work. I bet HHH didnt copy this knife off the internet.

I'm old and this makes me a little grumpy.

Last edited:
Hey, I know someone who can make that knife for you, ME!! :black_eyed:

Beings The knife in the photo is what I call a "Red Hawk Hunters". With some of the finest Rosewood burl I have ever had the pleasure of carving into a knife handle. Man I love Rosewood!!! Thats another thread entirely. :)

What I really want to say and my main reason for this post....Thanks to the guys and makers that responded with respect and dignity.

Im fairly new to KF and I would be interested in hearing what you think about this topic. Also, is this something that is common place now with makers and customers? Have you ever had someone approach you to make someone else's design, and if so how do you handle it?

Respect.
Randy

Here is how I handle it, as my unedited words in this thread plainly state. I advise them that I can make something similar to what they are looking for but not an exact copy. I'm also interested in hearing other peoples thoughts on this topic.

I have been approched a couple times to make copy's of other maker's work. I tell them that I can make them somthing similar but with enough differences to make it my own, but I WILL NOT blatently copy another craftsman's work. Only one of these customers wanted the exact copy badly enough to not end up placing the order.

Back