1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Who do you think makes the coolest looking "Tacticool" knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by IMightBeWrong, Jul 9, 2012.

1. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong

Feb 17, 2011
    Extrema Ratio? Dark Ops? From great quality to cheap junk, who do you think makes the coolest LOOKING "Tactical" knife?

2. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Victorinox. :p

[​IMG]

Generally speaking I don't consider "tacticool" knives to be very cool. But that's just me. I like stuff that's practical for my purposes.

3. Dorito Monk

Dorito Monk

Nov 17, 2008
    I like the looks of the Benchmade Nimravus (Tanto serrated, of course) and the Gerber Yari II (Tanto serrated, again), personally.

I don't think I'd ever buy a Nimravus, but I have the Yari and it works great. :thumbup:

4. michaelm466

michaelm466

Mar 5, 2009
    I like the looks of Striders quite a bit.

5. kda89508

kda89508 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2005
  6. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong

Feb 17, 2011
    That's cheating! :(

Tacticool has nothing to do with function! This thread is about looks! It's only meant to be skin... Erm... Coating? Deep!

7. NightMare Silverado

NightMare Silverado

Sep 2, 2011
    Spyderco szabolfly.

If I could carry a Bali of usefull size in Cali I'd pony up the cash for one and EDC it every day.

8. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    Spyderco Police. That knife looks like it means business, and it don't need no black coating to prove it. That's the cool understated tactical look I dig.

9. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Mikkel Willumsen at Urban Tactical makes really BAD tacticool knives that you can use.

10. Unistat76

Unistat76

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, I really think that "form follows function" has something to it. In other words, something that is designed well for it's function is going to be aesthetically pleasing to me.

That being the case, I really like the look of Spartan Knives.

[​IMG]

11. wizzard1717

wizzard1717 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2011
    I'm going to have to go with this the G.R.A.D .22

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. timbit

timbit

Jul 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

13. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    You win.:D

14. Urban Dweller

Urban Dweller

Jun 5, 2012
  15. timbit

timbit

Jul 21, 2011
    And now...for your entertainment.
    Who knew that tacticlol knives were meant for wood chopping?? I think some of these are pretty cool looking actually. I like the Eli knife.
    [video=youtube;CFCtx-foxNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFCtx-foxNo[/video]

16. Dragonbut

Dragonbut

Jul 4, 2012
    Spyderco Civilian. :p

[​IMG]

17. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    I like the Benchmade9100 Stryker Auto and the Spyderco Citadel Auto and the Protech Mini Socom Elite Auto.

[​IMG]9100

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turn up your speakers really loud and look at this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvGggK6dubc

18. EZ Bake

EZ Bake Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Probably the ZT 0302. It was my first ZT, but I sold it after realizing that it was well too large for me to carry as a folder (and I don't enjoy sharpening re-curves though I love Ken Onion's blades).

I tried carrying it, but found that for the size/weight, I'd just rather carry a smaller folder or a fixed-blade if I needed something that large.

19. Leatherface

Leatherface

Dec 3, 2005
    Burtchtree bladeworks really does a number on me personally...cant afford one though

Spartan knives is all kinds of awesome

for production ZT 300 in tigerstripe makes me grin

20. Hauling

Hauling

May 14, 2012
    Anything with tiger stripes lol