Who's a mountain biker?

View

Okay so...
I've got this knife...
But I have a lot of knives...
What I don't have is a new mountain bike.

Anyone want to trade?

Here's what I want:
Aluminum Zaskar frame.
XT components.
You can try to sell me on the rest.

I need some PT!

Mick

Nah, Mick's the cheap one. Mick, go with either a Gary Fisher Sugar or a Trek Fuel. Both are dual suspension cross-country bikes that are moderately priced (1000-2000) depending on options and are really slick rides. I own a Litespeed Pisgah, and can't find a thing wrong with it at all. But, it cost me $2400. The GT Zaskar is not bad,(my roomate Chris ownes one) but you can do better. Chris now rides titanium too. You will NEVER, EVER have to replace the frame from wear. Of course you can wreck it, but it will withstand more than Aluminum. And, it is a hell of a lot nicer to ride. Send me an email with what you want. I've got good hookups for great prices. Or, try www.jensonusa.com and see what they have. You can get a frame or a complete bike fitted to your form for real cheap.

Pure carbon fiber for me. I have a Trek Y bike with all the goodies-all black,the big Police stickers, and the red light. It is way cool. I also have probably the last Mantis flying V ever made-Ok-Bikes, Striders, Emersons-it must be some kind of weird addiction. I'll start checking on a Zaskar frame for ya Mick-I have some good connects on high end used stuff.

Well Mick, don't have any bike to trade, but when you get a ride, I'd be glad to show you some fine singletrack in SD county. I've been riding on and off-road for quite awhile, have a bit of local knowledge. Good luck on your search, you're getting some good advice from the other guys.

I have a Trek ZX6000 aluminum frame with Shimano XT 8 speed components and a Judy SL fork. It is not a Zaskar but it is very nice. Everything is XT except for an older LX crankset which is in my opinion better than an XT and it has an LX front derailleur. It is a few years old but it is a very nice bike, relatively light, around 25 pounds. It is in very good condition and has the trek lifetime warranty. If you are interested send me an email at duct_tape_pro1@yahoo.com and I will give you any other information you want.

Mick, I have a Specialized Rock Hopper white with blue lettering that has been ridden very little. I would be more than happy to trade. I'm not picky;) Also I have a pickup truck and live in fresno so I would have no problem meeting you somewhere to give you the bike.

DUDE>>>>>>
My buddy Jeffrey-the guy I stay with when I come to LA...is like Mountain Bike guru status.....give me a call tommorrow and I will give you his number.....he has one bike that was HANDMADE just for him, and a table full of trophies.....you need to talk to him before you buy a bike...check your email.........tm

Mick, My Fat City "YO EDDY" is not for trade. It has Campy deraillers(sp?) and all American running gear! Fat City has gone out of business and there will be no more. The knife looks great but I need to ride! I will content myself with your TAD custom. Great knife.- Dick

Hey Mayo,
Is that the same buddy of yours that we gave the hookup deal on the knife for some good kayak data that could never find time to email or call us? Well, tell him I got a great kayak and thanks a lot for all the correspondance.
Hey Mick, get the bike up front if this guy wants to trade.
Pals,
Duane

:( Never emailing us or calling us back!!!!!!!!!!! :p:p:p
Well, what can I say, luckily for all of us, you have never done anything like that!!!!!! :p:p:p

In the 70's we had some bikers that lived in the mountains around here, but they rode Harleys and thought they were bad ass. At one party we had a fracus, I kept them pinned down till I ran out of 30-30 shells, I did pretty good beating them with the butstock of the rifle after that till someone hollered "LOOK OUT, HERE COMES BIG E! " That is the last thing I remembered for a couple days and I still wont drink Tequila! :p That is my vast experiance with "Mountain Bikes" :D

Sorry to hear you had some trouble with some brothers, Rob. Next time try the .30-06.

Mick, I have a Beach Comber that I could possible let go. Let me know :)
Reed

I have a flourescent orange and green Marin "Bolinas Ridge"... wanna trade?? :D

DUDE!! That is YOU!!!
Take it to the shop...put some stripes on it...throw it on the ground and against your car a few times....and then hang it up in the garage and you are a mountain biker!!!!!!! :p :)

Back