Why get a Busse Knife?

Having heard about the new forum, I would like to know what are the good and not so good things about Busse Knives and which model would be most suitable for for the newbie Busse buyer to cut his/her teeth on?

Thanks for all replies.

Harry

Quality, Toughness, and Warranty, are a few good reasons to buy one. Did I mention they are built pretty much like tanks? Even if you don't use your knives that hard its always a good idea to have a well made tool. It will simply last longer. A Busse knife certianly is that. I have not come across a knife yet that I could not beat the daylights out of until I bought a Busse. I have beat it constantly and seen little effect. I can honestly say no other knife I have beat like this has survived and would be doing time at the local landfill. Hope this helps as to why to buy one. As for which model, you'll have to decide what your primary use for the knife is and apply the correct blade size.
smile.gif

disregard

[This message has been edited by Smoke (edited 04-04-2001).]

Welcome to the Busse Combat Forum Kozak...

A great way to start on the road to nuclear toughness that's easy on the wallet is anything in the Basic line. These knives have synthetic handles and are reasonably priced...sizes are 3" blade, 5" blade, 7" blade, and 9" blade. The decision is yours.

Models from the Combat line are made from a slightly better grade of steel called INFI, and have micarta handles with a smashing/hammering facility on the butt of the knife. More expensive, the performance and functionality gains justify the higher price.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Trust me, if you have to ask you will never understand it .....no, serios and no insult intended ...just pulling your leg.

Busse designs are simple and functional, top grade materials and superb finish ...I have also spoken to Jerry on one or two occassions and he is a nice guy.

Bottom line, they work as intended and keep a super edge ...in truth, my favorite Busse is a SH II in A2 that I bought from Jerry in person at the 96 SOF in Vegas .....the INFI one is a little better and his mutant is a super knife but I am getting to the age where the mental capacity declines and the emotional side takes over ...

Yeah Andy, I know ...shut up and go to bed but this is a new found forum that I should play around in ......

Kind regards

Thanks again for your replies.

One thing though, has any one had any experience using his/her Busse at winter temperatures (0 Celsius/32 Fahrenheit or lower)? Any problems noted?

Harry

Kozak, I haven't had a chance to put my Busse to much use in the winter but I don't see any problems. On the Basic line the tang is completely covered by the handle so there's no worries of having the skin on your hand sticking. I'm not sure about the Combat line as they have Micarta handle slabs. There have been some questions raised about the kydex cracking in extreme temperature, but all the new Busses are shipped with leather sheaths now. I should have my #5 in leather arriving today or tomorrow (I hope) and I'll be posting my opinion (humble as it may be) about the difference between the kydex (my #7) and leather (#5). Hope this info helps.

------------------
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n"
John Milton
There are only two types of people; those who understand this, and those who think they do.

Kozak :

has any one had any experience using his/her Busse at winter temperatures (0 Celsius/32 Fahrenheit or lower)? Any problems noted?

The only problem I have had with cold weather is that the handles on the INFI line (old version) do have metal contact points which are not that comfortable. I cordwrapped mine awhile ago though for different reasons so it is not a problem any more. The Basic handles can be used even in extreme temperatures with no such concerns. I have put mine in the freezer and can use them right after taking them out.

-Cliff

Thanks, Johan and Cliff.

Getting a Busse knife just became another item on my knife acquisition list.

Harry

[This message has been edited by Kozak (edited 02-14-2000).]

Back