Wilderness & Survival Skills Extreme Build Off

I used to date a girl who made toast like that, too.
small world!

Well, Rick's just being nice. He knows what really happened.

My wife sat on it.

You have to give that blade credit though.

Not many could have handled 3/4 ton blows like that before failure.

Aw, Rick's just still sore about that "rocks in head" comment I made a few days back. :)

He might be a little nervous, too. :D

That's great Dave!

You put a lot of work into that blade and it shows.

I'm looking forward to "wielding" it .... it's a beast!

I have a feeling it's one hell of a chopper.

Really like your blade profile on that one, Dave. A lot like the "quasi-willow leaf" pattern of mine that's probably my favorite bush sword shape to make so far.

Edited to add: And it's obviously one heck of a work horse, Dave. :D

Last edited:
Really like your blade profile on that one, Dave. A lot like the "quasi-willow leaf" pattern of mine that's probably my favorite bush sword shape to make so far.

Edited to add: And it's obviously one heck of a work horse, Dave. :D

Thanks. Yea...it's been taking abuse since even before I put the handle scales on. You just have to remember when you are swinging a monster like this to secure your footing, and AIM for your target, because if you miss...it might, just for example...try to bite your leg off below the knee...:D

Yours looks like it is going to handle a variety of abuse as well. Looking forward to the testing.

Sorry it took me so long to get the sheath done... incoming, Brian!

Pretty cool what you can do with a little plywood, leather and string.

IMG_0016-10.jpg

IMG_0017-9.jpg

IMG_0018-7.jpg

Here it is:

xtremefinished2.jpg

Olive drab Kydex to match the handle wrap, two MOLLE locks, and plenty of eyelets to give options for attachment, cordage storage, and the addition of gear storage pouches.

xtremefinished1.jpg

And a shot in hand looking at the false edge. Plenty of steel there to turn over and use as a hammer!

xtremefinished3.jpg

I hope that I haven't been the holdup. Moving shop and getting back functional has been more of a booger and time-waster than I had anticipated. Sure am looking forward to seeing what my blade will do. Sorry about the fellows who are having to drop out; I sure would have loved to have seen y'all's in action as well.

That looks sick! :thumbup:

Back