Work Sharp Knife Sharpener

for that money i would buy a set of paper wheels. there is the expense of buying more belts when they wear out with that system. if the motor burns out how much to replace it? i know the motor on anything can burn out but fixing that might cost as much as a new one. you cant choose the angle you want to sharpen at. i could see it being handy for lawn mower blades or shovels. i sharpen scissors on the paper wheels in a few minutes.

Yes, the angle limit is discerning.

I was thinking it might be great when excess metal needs to be removed on an excessivly thick edge, and then move on to the stone or stropping for final sharpening.

With paper wheels is it easy to grind off the excess metal when re-edging super thick or heavily worn blades?

For around 70 bucks with that thing you are getting very specialized small belt sander. For around the same money you can get a cheap 1x30 belt sander and a wide array of belts and have a piece of equipment that is much more versatile and will accomplish the same if not better results.

I have the Marlin lever action 45-70, how I wish I did have an old trapdoor rifle.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I appreciate it.

I think it would be a handy little grinder.Cant have too many,right?

don, did you look at the pictures they posted showing the sharpener in use? check out the one showing the shovel being sharpened :eek:. you sure dont want anything flammable around.

I didnt think it looked too bad. I could see a lot of uses for this besides knife sharpening.

I am curious about the purple belt. I wonder if it is fine enough to put a mirror edge on the blade?

I found several reviews on the internet where it recieved favorable results from Chefs who tried it. I havent found a bad review yet---from anyone who actually has one anyway.

You could always load the belt up with something to make it polish.I dont know,I kind of like this thing.I like the hand held portability.Sharp shovels....wicked..!

I think it looks pretty fool proof. Other than the set at 20deg, it looks very cool.

I didnt think it looked too bad. I could see a lot of uses for this besides knife sharpening.

I am curious about the purple belt. I wonder if it is fine enough to put a mirror edge on the blade?

I found several reviews on the internet where it recieved favorable results from Chefs who tried it. I havent found a bad review yet---from anyone who actually has one anyway.

paper wheels and a bench grinder give you many more options. and imo a chef doesnt care about blade steel. he just cares if it cuts so he can prepare the food. but i think its a little bit limited for the price.

The price seemed rather reasonable to me. I have found it for $69.00 with free shipping.

It might be good for back beveling the edge as well before moving on to another form of sharpener.

I have seen the Lansky Diamond Sharpener sell for more.

Work Sharp here...

This tool was intended for the sharpening challenged, not you guys who have mastered the skill already. There are countless ways to put an edge on a blade, this is ours.

There are two sharpening guides included: 20° and 25°. Or you can use the tool freehand like a belt sharpener to achive any angle you desire.

The spark showering shot you see on our website sharpening the shovel is with the P80 grit belt. This belt was only intended for such applications, not knife sharpening. For knife sharpening we use a P220 ceramic oxide belt to shape the blade to a toothy sharp convex edge, then hone the edge to a hair popping edge with 6000 grit Micro-Mesh. This combo will not damage blade steel and the process takes about 90 seconds (from blunt dull to shaving sharp).

I am not here to change anyone's sharpening methods or sell this at the best ever. I'm simply here to answer questions about our tool and provide information to those who want an idiot proof way to restore an edge fast and easy.

If any of you are interested in this tool please contact me. I'd be happy to provide a few tools to you so you can use it and post your experiences with it in this forum.

@WorkSharp... will this device use any other standard belt sizes or if not do you have any current or planned different belts for sale? Thanks!

Back