Recommendation? Worksharp precision adjust system

cnm123

Gold Member
Anyone that uses this, is the upgrade to the elite with the case and extra stones worth it?
I plan on getting a third party stone holder and extra stones, so should I just get the basic model?

Grandkids got basic kit- when those rookies wear diamond stones out this will be my replacements- Expand kids ability to use other stone form factors, like EdgePro, by going to Gritomatic for stone holders and other parts from Hapstone and other parts designed by Burt from LeadingEdge.

You can also get metal or 3d printed stone holders that will hold 4" KME or 6" Edge Pro format stones. Much more versatility and ends up being cheaper in the long run because you get many, MANY times the sharpenings before you need to replace the stones over the stock diamond plates. The larger stones also make sharpening faster and easier.

Braces that support the clamp are also popular to reduce the up and down clamp movement. Some are also making 3d printed table attachments that replace the clamps.

I have the elite precision adjust and a ken onion powered model. I use the precision on my more expensive knives and I save the onion for the knives I have that are very used and just need a quick edge.

Anyone that uses this, is the upgrade to the elite with the case and extra stones worth it?
I plan on getting a third party stone holder and extra stones, so should I just get the basic model?
Get the basic model and upgrade it with accessories from Gritomatic. They have stone holders, magnetic upgrades, support blocks and much more. They also havea vast choice of any stone you could imagine. You'll get much more out of the system this way - Link below

www.gritomatic.com/collections/area-work-sharp

Thanks to all that responded.
The case wasn’t really a selling point for me, I was thinking the extra stones might be worth it but since I knew I had pretty much decided if I got it I would get a stone holder and stones, I’d be better off doing that and getting the basic setup.

Get the basic model and upgrade it with accessories from Gritomatic. They have stone holders, magnetic upgrades, support blocks and much more. They also havea vast choice of any stone you could imagine. You'll get much more out of the system this way - Link below

www.gritomatic.com/collections/area-work-sharp
Not seeing a plethora of accessory options (and everything they DO have is sold out) at this link you provided...does it get updated often? Is there another website you recommend for buying "aftermarket" upgrades for the WSPA?

The only things out of stock seem to be the twin lite clamps, and combined upgrade kits with some KakBritva clamps. Seems like individual items sold in the other combined kits are all available.

Apparently Hapstone has stopped making the regular "lite" clamps (at least for now).

Here's another link for you:

Back