Would folding knife visible from the pocket be considered concealed?

So in Florida it is illegal to conceal carry an automatic knife and I was curious if the knife was partially visible from the pocket as well the clip would this pass as open carry?

So in Florida it is illegal to conceal carry an automatic knife and I was curious if the knife was partially visible from the pocket as well the clip would this pass as open carry?
You might find KnifeUp's write-up useful:

Or AKTI's:

This is a complicated question and an ambiguous situation. Knife laws are often nonsensical, poorly written, or both, and what a random cop thinks about Situation X is a variable outside your control. IMO, if your auto is under 4" it's probably going to be fine.

Or AKTI's:

This is a complicated question and an ambiguous situation. Knife laws are often nonsensical, poorly written, or both, and what a random cop thinks about Situation X is a variable outside your control. IMO, if your auto is under 4" it's probably going to

Or AKTI's:

This is a complicated question and an ambiguous situation. Knife laws are often nonsensical, poorly written, or both, and what a random cop thinks about Situation X is a variable outside your control. IMO, if your auto is under 4" it's probably going to be fine.
Yeah sadly what I'm seeing is basically comes down to how does the cop feel about it, it's a microtech stich so it's a bit under 4 inches luckily.

If possible get your CWP. Then you can carry just about anything. That's one of the good things about Florida's carry license, its not just for firearms.

Last edited:
If you have it in your pocket clipped and people can see the clip then is not concealed.
As suggested, get a CWP and don’t worry.

The interpretation is entirely up to the officer at the time, he can claim the clip was not visible and there is nothing you can do about that.

The interpretation is entirely up to the officer at the time, he can claim the clip was not visible and there is nothing you can do about that.
I’ve had a knife in my pocket for 30 years. Have lived in 3 different countries and no one has ever even looked at me funny.
If you don’t do stupid crap to attract attention you are fine.

In very liberal areas I carry a small knife like a lil native just in case. No one will say that is a tactical killer with its 2 inch blade 🤣

I do understand your point

I have never had a problem but I have seen it first hand. Especially in places like New York city where they arrest people daily for spotting a pocket clip, there are many horror stories in the knife laws discussions. Even guys going to culinary classes being questioned about robberies, when they didn't match the suspect description then being arrested for having multiple kitchen knives in a chef's case in a backpack. Some places and some cops are a real problem for knife guys, be careful out there.

Reactions: BBW
Back