Would someone take a comparative pic?

a223cat

Kuttin' Kitty!
A picture to compare a BG or AR folder to say a small Sebenza?

or maybe a Strider folder in your hand? I want to get an idea of just how big it is.

thanks!

Sorry, I cut and pasted the wrong post originally. I fixed it, try it now.

Reagan

I just emailed you with pictures of my large plain Sebenza (BG-42 blade with double thumblugs & bead blasted screws) & my S30V AR with "ambi thumb studs". The blade on my AR is mis-stamped as BG-42.

A small Sebenza? It would look like a pen knife compared to an AR!

wow. and that's a big Sebbie? it looks like my small one in that compare! So, that's a large Sebenza.

wow. That Strider is even bigger than I imagined it. can I actually carry that on my belt and NOT look like I have a buick on the belt?

wow. it's so big. It looks like the Terminator's folder.

yes. I have to have one.

L.O
I'd like to see your pic, could you email it too me too?
I can post it if you'd like.

Cool pic's. They answered my question of weather or not my new GB is S30V, or BG-42. Mine is BG-42. My tiger stripes are lighter, with a hint on red closer to the blade edge (more subtle then my ATS-34 HT). Your stripes are solid black. Plus mine has the older Strider stamp. The BG-42 seems like really great steal and the knife is build like a tank. My GB is awsome.

L.O. Little, your AR looks great.

Reagan

Here is MY GB in my hand. The folder look so big in most pics. Chris

Attachments

• img_0271.jpg
    img_0271.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 302
L.O. Little, I like the way you sharpened the AR. The edge looks very uniform, and the polishing job looks very even and professional. I hope I can do mine with the Edgepro to the same cosmetic standards when it comes time. (If not, will you be traveling north to give me a hand?)

I do think I am gonna get a GB. and later on an AR too.

What the heck. I only live once and buy knives!

Ichabod, thanks for the kind words. Those pictures, which I take the blame for, don't really show the edge too well. My wife could've done a LOT better.

The edge could be both smoother and more uniform, but it's truly scary sharp. I'm sure you'll make your AR look a lot better than mine ever will. I enjoy sharpening a good blade, but I'm not patient enough to put a really good polish on one. I wish I had that kind of patience.

If I ever get that far north, I'd love to visit you and your wife. Sharpening Striders is a pretty good reason/excuse...

L.O. Little, we just threw some fresh moth-balls on the spare cot and the wife tells me she is buying some mousetraps for the guest bedroom. You'll have to pardon my dirty shirt, it was my uncle's turn to wear the clean one. Come'n up north!

Back