Would these brass mallets be good for leatherworking?

Wow! I just saw one of those in use on The Wood Wrights Shop! The guest was using one to tap a wood carving tool to get more controlled lines and cuts.

I would think the brass would get marred up by the steel tools, but that also happens with the nylon and rawhide as well. The brass also would tend to slip a bit where the nylon and rawhide grabs the tool.

I do think its intended for use with wooden handled tools.

Thanks, good to know that a non-slip surface is more desirable.

Thanks for the e-bay tip as well.

No prob, I just recently bought a brand new Stohlman 1# poly maul off the bay. He had it at $59.99 but I sent him an offer for $50 and won it. Half the price of buying it from Tandy.

No prob, I just recently bought a brand new Stohlman 1# poly maul off the bay. He had it at $59.99 but I sent him an offer for $50 and won it. Half the price of buying it from Tandy.

Ya, it's like photography, scuba-diving, woodworking and a bunch of other pastimes where people jump right in and spend too much money before they realize it isn't for them. There are always good deals for the patient.

I have gotten my mauls from Barry King tools. $50 for a 12oz maul, goes up from there. I like them, but then I don't know of any others... Besides the BearMan mauls or what ever they are. When I emailed him, I wasn't given the time of day.

I have gotten my mauls from Barry King tools. $50 for a 12oz maul, goes up from there. I like them, but then I don't know of any others... Besides the BearMan mauls or what ever they are. When I emailed him, I wasn't given the time of day.

I just took a look at Barry King, the maul and mallet prices are very reasonable but wow the leather stamps are pricey, are these high end premium stamps?

Those are good stamps. Worth the money. The impressions are cleaner.

I have two stamps that I paid over $50 for from Wayne Jueschke.

Back