Photos Your First Busse

Let's get another cool pic thread going of our first ever taste of INFI and/or SR101.

Mine is the mighty CGASH1. Got it early 2008, or it may have been late 2007, can't quite remember. I've wailed on this thing like no other. It will outlive me, and probably the next ten generations. Let's see yours!

tumblr_oreugkV33h1siuc9oo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oreugkV33h1siuc9oo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oreugkV33h1siuc9oo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oreugkV33h1siuc9oo4_1280.jpg

FBMLE #4, to my knowledge the only factory non-Tigerhide canvas FBMLE released. Back then, bruisers were not yet very common or popular, so it's a rare bird. She's the one on the right of her little sister.
2qrzodj.jpg

I went all in for my first. SAR-8 LE and some Skunk Junk :"). * edit * I took this photo late at night after a snow storm. The snow build up on my car happened while I was chopping a tree that fell due to snow. I chopped the tree with this knife at 11:00pm at night & pulled it out of the way with my truck. It was blocking the road out from my house and my 5 neighbors, the tree was about 15" in diameter. Good times.

7eRuzf1.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking for a Bird Trout knife and found this one ,
N6NUDND.jpg

what kept me loving these ugly looking knives?

I guess it's been three years now or a little more, I put my dollar in for a tglb but that got me so excited to have one I started poking around on the exchange and got my HG55 le. It is my absolute favorite knife ever, it's like I bought a grail knife before I knew it was a grail knife. It hasn't missed a hunting trip since and I doubt it ever will.

Jw9rtcU.jpg

xFWJYrx.jpg

WeN8FXB.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't own her anymore but this Ash1 was my first. Bought her back in 2010 on the exchange. Had the finest looking Rowes sheath IMG_3523.JPGIMG_3522.JPG

Some classics on this thread for sure--thanks, Rob!

My first was the coated Basic 5 at left in the pic below. I ordered it by mail, based on an ad in Blade Magazine, I believe in 1998--well before I joined BFC. I'll never sell it and still carry it occasionally as an indestructible light-weight hiker. The stag-handled version is one Jerry stripped and re-ground (thinned) the blade on, removed the Resiprene handle, and returned to me. I then sent it to Dennis Riley who removed the talon and installed the guard, along with some gorgeous stag and a pommel cap. After getting it back with new pants from Kenny Rowe, I hunted with it one season and then asked Jerry to strip and thin out another B5 for me with a thinner edge and pointier point, which resulted in the knife at right. It's now my go-to day hiker for the trail, when its older brother stays home. :D

All have thinned-out factory asym edges, which cut like razors and just do not get dull. :thumbsup::cool:

Basic5s.jpg

Last edited:
Some classics on this thread for sure--thanks, Rob!

My first was the coated Basic 5 at left in the pic below. I ordered it by mail, based on an ad in Blade Magazine, I believe in 1998--well before I joined BFC. I'll never sell it and still carry it occasionally as an indestructible light-weight hiker. The stag-handled version is one Jerry stripped and re-ground (thinned) the blade on, removed the Resiprene handle, and returned to me. I then sent it to Dennis Riley who removed the talon and installed the guard, along with some gorgeous stag and a pommel cap. After getting it back with new pants from Kenny Rowe, I hunted with it one season and then asked Jerry to strip and thin out another B5 for me with a thinner edge and pointier point, which resulted in the knife at right. It's now my go-to day hiker for the trail, when its older brother stays home. :D

All have thinned-out factory asym edges, which cut like razors and just do not get dull. :thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 719396
Will that is very cool, the same blades but all with a special touch.

Back