Zero Tolerance section in manufacturer's forum

I'm fairly new here and to knives. I may even be banned from this awesome forum for asking. Is there one? I don't see a Kershaw or Kai section.

There should be one. Seems like members are posting all ZT topics in the general knife discussion. What do you think Mods?

Mfg fora are moderated by mfg employees. KAI tried it and decided, for reasons of their own, to discontinue it last year. I believe BF would be happy to have them back, but it seems unlikely. If you snoop around enough you will find plenty of threads discussing all of the drama associated with this topic.

Read the FAQ - http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/faq.php

Manufacturers Forums

BladeForums.com is proud to offer industry Manufacturers the ability to have live interaction with their customer base. Our sole requirement for this service is that the manufacturer provide official company representation. We also encourage that the manufacturers help contribute to the community by providing products for our support giveaways & auctions.

BladeForums.com provides a powerful tool in the customer service world, and can be a tremendous boost to your company's public image. With proper customer service personnel & a willingness to interact with your end user base, you will not be disappointed in the results.

I don't see [Company X] represented, why not?

This is a shame, as some years back when Kershaw really started getting into things as far as variety, quality, and custom collaborations go, right before they started the Zero Tolerance brand, they did have a company rep on the forums who was amazingly helpful.

"If you do not see your favorite manufacturer listed here, visit their website and contact them by phone or email, and request that they join in. If enough of their customers have a demand for it, they will come"

Which KAI (and particularly ZT!) always has had here. Yet they left. Oh, well.

Xdm9mili, you are certainly free to talk about KAI/ZT in the General Forum to your heart's desire. Many do. It's just that you will have to deal with people of differing opinions on the subject. :eek:

There should be one. Seems like members are posting all ZT topics in the general knife discussion. What do you think Mods?

I own and use a lot of ZT knives, as well as Kershaw. There are topics which suggest that Kershaw knives will remain primarily on the budget minded side of products, while the ZT line is the more premier line of cutting tools. This works fine in my opinion. As long as we can promote and participate in meaningful, productive, and civil discussion we are all good.

I'm getting back into ZT, and I like kershaw. The only thing I had a problem with was, when the sub forum was created. At the time I had a 0561 and I wanted to share some questions, comment, concerns, about it, nothing bad at all. But I couldn't. At least the way I understood it at the time was you had join that forum, and post something saying you were a member. I may be wrong about this, I was new to BF then.

I really didn't want to do that, so I was kind of stuck. I understand why it was done, from what I heard it was people trolling, doing drive byes. Any way I love kershaw and ZT and I'm really looking forward to all there killer products this year.:thumbup:

Krav, there was no Bladeforums rule and there was no KAI/Kershaw rule. It was the members who started themselves a little club, and bullied anyone who wouldn't play their silly game. As far as I am concerned, this was a good part of why Kershaw pulled out of having a forum.

Krav, there was no Bladeforums rule and there was no KAI/Kershaw rule. It was the members who started themselves a little club, and bullied anyone who wouldn't play their silly game. As far as I am concerned, this was a good part of why Kershaw pulled out of having a forum.

Huh, I tried to post in the forum several times and I wasn't aloud. Is it possible I did something stupid or out of line, and the mods put a limit on me, or something like that? Like I said it was early on. And I appolagize to Kai, kershaw, ZT.

It's weird?

Last edited:
I can't imagine what you are describing. If you said something at the time, we might have been able to figure it out.

Huh, I tried to post in the forum several times and I wasn't aloud. Is it possible I did something stupid or out of line, and the mods put a limit on me, or something like that? Like I said it was early on. And I appolagize to Kai, kershaw, ZT.

It's weird?
Nope, the height of the "club" created bitterness for some. I can vouch for you being a good guy and I know you wouldn't be the kind of person to bring that on. Just don't have a meltdown and make a liar outta me ok? LoL

Nope, the height of the "club" created bitterness for some. I can vouch for you being a good guy and I know you wouldn't be the kind of person to bring that on. Just don't have a meltdown and make a liar outta me ok? LoL

I'm 99.999999 percent sure I won't have a melt down tonight.:cool:

As for tomorrow . . .:rolleyes:

Whatever happened, one of the largest and most respected knife manufacturers should have been able to figure out a way to maintain a presence on the largest knife forum in the world. Why they've been unsuccessful in doing so while other large manufacturers have flourished here is baffling to me. And yes, CJZ, the fact that KAI isn't here anymore makes me sad too.

Last edited:
Back