ZT 550 now with deep carry clip?

I think visually it looks better. So i assume around serial # 2551 will be the transition for future ref. on the switch over. You know people are going to be asking when somewhere down the line.

So is there any ETA for retailers to start getting these in? :)

been saving for 550. i guess waiting few more weeks for this would be worth the wait. altho, i do like the look of older clip better. now i have to decide which one i really want.

pete

p. s. any change to the g10 scale on the front?

Last edited:
The 056x style clip is a nice clip but if the primary change to the 0550 is just the clip, I'm not sure it's worth selling my old one and buying the new one, all other things considered.

The 0550 is a fine knife and a top value in heavy duty folders IMHO. I guess we'll be seeing a new version of after market scales coming out soon?

The 056x style clip is a nice clip but if the primary change to the 0550 is just the clip, I'm not sure it's worth selling my old one and buying the new one, all other things considered.

The 0550 is a fine knife and a top value in heavy duty folders IMHO. I guess we'll be seeing a new version of after market scales coming out soon?

The lock cut out/relief is also on the outside instead of the inside ala 0560 as well.

Check out Jimmer's post earlier, as it lists three other changes.

Looks good. Now if we could only get a slimmed down, 3-inch version.......:D

Thanks everyone. I guess I'm still wondering if any of this warrants recycling my current 0550. My current 0550 functions extremely well and the lockbar releases extremely easy and is the epitome of a one handed folder as it is right now. I don't think so at this point but I commend KAI for their constant refinements. They are always on the move!

I'm just glad I've got the old one. The old clip allows for a more secure grip when pulling out the knife. And placing the cut-out on the inside helps to keep the titanium-side looking clean and tidy.

That being said, constant evolution is the recipe for success. And Kershaw is evolving very nicely.

Offer S90v!!!! lol

I'll be getting this one too, to join my 551 :)

That's a good point ;) I'm sure KAI's primary motive is to refine and improve the design and functionality of their knives on a regular basis when needed but if they wanted to sell more to a knife nut who already has the S35VN model, all they need to do is up the blade steel a notch or two or more and I'd certainly snap one up :D Preferably something different than Elmax since the 0551 already lives amongst us . . .

Offer S90v!!!! lol

I'll be getting this one too, to join my 551 :)

Last edited:
I'm still missing this model. I have. The 0551, but was always interested in the S35VN version for some reason. :(

I'm still missing this model. I have. The 0551, but was always interested in the S35VN version for some reason. :(

There is a site offering their remaining old stock of the 0550 for a really reasonable price; I have one on the way right now. If you haven't already seen the thread, do a search on here. They still had stock when I checked this morning.

There is a site offering their remaining old stock of the 0550 for a really reasonable price; I have one on the way right now. If you haven't already seen the thread, do a search on here. They still had stock when I checked this morning.

Wow! I really dig the new design! Even more reason to pick up another one of these! The 0550 is a stout folder that is perfectly sized, in my opinion.

Back