Zulu Spear w/ Hanson Damascus & Ivory by Tony Bose...100% Un-Poached, 100% Exquisite!

You are truly blessed to own such a special piece if art. Kudos to all involved (well, except for one as yet unknown creep).

That the whole ordeal was awful, but you have a fine knife. It seriously makes me think about looking into a custom.

It's good to see that even the best hit their thumbs once in a while.
HansonZulu010_zpsfcd661ea.jpg

Glad to see you ended up getting your knife, Jaxx! It looks absolutely stunning and I can understand your anger over the situation. When I first read the sticky post, it was very disappointing to find out that someone would disrespect both you and Tony in such a way. I guess there are people in all large communities who will take advantage of others when given the opportunity. It doesn't surprise me that the folks over at Wilfred Works took care of you, though. They have a great reputation for good reason, and this is just further evidence of that.

Now you don't just have a beautiful knife, you have a beautiful knife with an interesting story and WIP photos of it being made.:cool: I truly hope you get to enjoy it for many years to come.

Super nice!!! Great Job Tony and Kerry, and thanks for sharing Jaxx!!

Alex,

Congrats on this beautiful Bose addition to your collection. I was there with Jared and experienced your level of disbelief at what

had taken place. Tony and Reese and genuine individuals who pride themselves not only on wonderful knives, but sincere appreciation

of the knife making art! I for one am very pleased to see this outcome it was the right thing to do and Tony preformed like a true gentleman.

Enjoy your new Zulu,

Jeff

This is great! Very glad to see this, Jaxx!

Mr Hanson, thank you again for the offer to send more of your damascus to Mr. Bose! It sure is great lookin'...and it's rumored to be quite high on the Rockwell hardness chart ta boot. ;):thumbup: ...If my stunned brain got the info from my ears correctly, I believe I heard Mr. Bose say that this blade is at 61.5 HRC. :eek::) It's a real slicer!

Alex,

Congrats on this beautiful Bose addition to your collection. I was there with Jared and experienced your level of disbelief at what

had taken place. Tony and Reese and genuine individuals who pride themselves not only on wonderful knives, but sincere appreciation

of the knife making art! I for one am very pleased to see this outcome it was the right thing to do and Tony preformed like a true gentleman.

Enjoy your new Zulu,

Jeff

Not only is he a true gentleman and a real class act, but there was no hesitation in his decision to make me another knife once he heard via a phone call what had taken place from what I was told. He also met with me on Saturday to reaffirm this and it was a true honor and pleasure to meet him and shake his hand. :) Several folks here say that he did right by me. I want to say that he went above and beyond that as far as I'm concerned, and I am very grateful for everything he did. Am I satisfied? Yes. Absolutely. No doubt and without question...and then some! And...he's probably getting a little tired of hearing this, but again, thank you so very much, Mr. Bose!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

There IS one other person that I feel the need to publicly thank... And that is Jason Morrow. While I was standing there at the table in total disbelief, and most likely looking like a fish trying to breathe air, he explained to the guys working the table that I was without a doubt the person drawn, whose name he himself called out, and more specifically for which knife. Thank you, Jason! I will always appreciate what you did for me. Lots of beers on me every chance I get, my friend! :thumbup:

Wow, Alex, That is tremendous!!! Now tell me, will you be going off the deep end collecting custom traditionals like you did with Busse? :)

Kevin

Well, I had typed up a long story for this thread, but I lost it on a database error, so I'll try something shorter... :) Trust me, you're better off than to have to read such dribble anyway! ;) As most of you probably already know, I was the unfortunate lottery winner that had lost my Tony Bose knife to a very unscrupulous individual at the Bose table on Friday at the BLADE Show who took an opportunity to poach it right out from under me before I had reached the table to pay for my prize. (If you don't know about this, please check out the sticky thread on the main page of this sub-forum)

Flash forward to this week, I received this one Thursday afternoon, and after opening it up with Mr. Bose on the phone on Friday...and being literally stunned into silence as my eyes took in such a wonder, I did try to give it some credit with photos. I failed, but they do show this fine masterpiece of a knife, so I'll post them anyway. Also, Mr. Bose & Mr. Hampton were both so very kind to take a series of WIP images that were sent to me along the timeline of this very short wait for my enjoyment, and I figured that y'all might like to see them too. I'll place them in Post #2.

So, with many, many humble thanks to Mr. Bose for taking the time out of his busy schedule to recreate a masterpiece to replace my poached lottery ZS, and also with much thanks to Mr. Don Hanson for offering to send more damascus if needed (it wasn't as it turns out but still I do appreciate it very much!), and also with many thanks to many members of this fine forum for keeping an eye out for that missing ZS, I now present the masterpiece that which is the new Hanson Damascus & pre-ban ivory Zulu Spear. :)

Bose_T-HansonDamIvoryZS-4_zps2849c0a2.jpg

Bose_T-HansonDamIvoryZS-6_zps5a6873f2.jpg

Bose_T-HansonDamIvoryZS-5_zps8e468dd5.jpg

I was playing around with the color levels on this pic for fun, but due to the angle, it does show a bit more on how slender this knife is. :)

Bose_T-HansonDamIvoryZS-1_zps1ee4be22.jpg

I hope that you enjoy the pix! :)

~ Jaxx

Alex that is a ridiculously beautiful knife! Congratulations to all involved with getting that beauty together, looks like it was well worth the wait.

Eric

Alex, so happy you this worked out so well, I was there at the table when you had your name called and also seeing right after finding out someone got away with YOUR knife!

I am not surprised Mr. Bose took care of you...although I am surprised on the timeline! BRAVO Mr. Bose! Another reason to support one of the great american knife makers!

Jeff Ps and Master Don Hanson for further offering help of more Damascus! now you need a Hanson Bowie with matching Damascus :D:thumbup:

Congrats,- Class act all the way around from Tony, Kerry, and Don.

+1 :thumbup:

That is a really beautiful knife you have there Jaxx. Congratulations (despite the circumstances). Great to see the WIP pics :)

Jack

Back