Zulu Trio and friends back from the Spa

I sent in my Zulu Trio ( Large 21. Small 21 and Umfaan) plus three 3 other CRK's in for a Spa treatment. I love my CRK's and think it is awesome they provide this service. However I would like to share my experience. It was not all positive.

I was told 6 weeks turnaround and it ended up a few days shy of 8 weeks.

I asked for an expedite on the Umnumzaan as I us it to potentially save lives as an EMT. I was told they would expedite this one but I got handled with the other 5 at the same pace.

My Umfaan had a small Lanyard which was not returned. ( all the other lanyards came back fine)

I paid to have double lugs added to my two right hand knives, Only one was done. ( CRK offered a refund of the $35 or a 1 week expedite to resolve)

The biggest thing that bothered me is all six knives were NOT sharpened to their potential. They will slice a piece do paper but none of them will catch on my finger nail. With the original factory edge they all did this.

On a positive note the action on all of them is perfect. They just glide open and my small plain 21 looks better then the day I got it.

Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good spa trip at CRK. I'd be annoyed about the not sharp sharpening too.

From the comments on the Slow Service thread I would have expected 8 + weeks not 6 like they told you.

I think CRK is short staff for the amount of people send them in for service, spa..etc...sorry to hear that. Hope Chris sees this and addresses this in the near future.

I would like to send 3 back to redo the sharpening.... Is the nail test a valid way to show that the edge could be better?

Is there a better way to determine if an acceptable edge was put on my knives. Sharpness seems a little subjective and difficult to say for certain if the job was not done properly. Perhaps my nail has gotten harder since I tested the original edged on each knife last year when I got them. And that is the reason they do not catch on them??

Back