• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Browning - Crowell/Barker Competition Knife

Shawn Best

Gold Member
Browning - Crowell/ Barker Competition Knife (Chopper), Condition is used, yet shows no signs of hard use or chopping. Very Nice , Overall. Has some superficial scratches on blade (Probably from sheath insertion/removal.) Oil on blade. Original Box included, No Sheath.
Discontinued Model - Withdrawn for now.
https://imgur.com/gallery/u2Hza3T

PayPal G&S, CONUS
I’ll pay fee’s & shipping
No Trades, Please.
Ask questions per PM
Thread reserved for “I’ll take this”
Thank you

Last edited:
Is this still available?

I'm interested.

I see a brown line on each side of the scales near the butt end.... Is that from the camera flash or what?

Yes it is and that is the intended color pattern of
The Resin laminated canvas scales on this particular knife.

Last edited:
In your opinion it wasn't a "flaw"?
You saw the knife, first hand when You bought it, and liked it still regardless....or was it bought online sight unseen?

Sorry for all the questions.....
If it's Not flawed/Seconds/or Bad looking... I will take it. (I'd still like to know your answer how you purchased it)

If you held it first, that it would look good?

The pictures almost makes it look like a void, crack, or blotching of some sort?

I've only read good reviews of them. :)

Here is my email, I'm at work now..but I can contact you tonight.

Last edited:
In your opinion it wasn't a "flaw"?
You saw the knife, first hand when You bought it, and liked it still regardless....or was it bought online sight unseen?

Sorry for all the questions.....
If it's Not flawed/Seconds/or Bad looking... I will take it. (I'd still like to know your answer how you purchased it)

If you held it first, that it would look good?

The pictures almost makes it look like a void, crack, or blotching of some sort?

I've only read good reviews of them. :)

Here is my email, I'm at work now..but I can contact you tonight.
Hi. I bought this years ago online. I Have OCD , especially about my knives/guns. This hasn’t triggered my OCD in the slightest. I dint think its a crack or blemish, but i can see how the pics may lend to that. I added some more closeups. I was wondering why its still available. Lol. It only seems to add character to it in my opinion. Not a flaw to me. Being that this is discontinued and a great chopper and because of this Unique, handle pattern. I may just keep it for myself and pass it on to my son along w all of my other toys. Haha. My guess is that it is the resin that took up a void in the Micarta material. But who knows?
Thank you for inquiring. I appreciate the feedback. Sincerely, Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are still interested, you have my email address....

Back