• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

1084 EDChef (available) and AEB-L Slicer/Boning Knife (SOLD)

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Good evening friends, here are two kitchen tools I have just finished up today, which I'm very excited to share! For one it's been a long time since I've made anything in 1084, and thought it was overdue. And something in AEB-L is always nice, and I though I'd dress it up in a tuxedo of sorts this time.

Please note that as I am posting this late Saturday and am closed on Sundays, I will respond to any inquiries that I see before about 11:50 pm EST, and will be replying again Monday. Please don't mind the glue on my fingers in the pics... Thank you!

And with no further achoo(!), here they are:

1084 EDChef

Specs

Steel: 3/32" 1084, 59-60 RC

Geometry: Full flat, near zero grind, ~15° per side primary edge, 20° microbevel, .012" behind the edge

Overall Length: 7 3/4"
Cutting Edge Length: 3 3/4"

Weight: 4 oz

Handle: Black paper Micarta scales, orange G10 liners, copper tubes

Special features: Radiused spine for comfort appropriate to kitchen cutlery

Sheath: No sheath, or add black Boltaron taco sheath for $15, or orange Kydex taco sheath for $25. Pancake not recommended for this design.

Price is $105, via PayPal G&S to the email address I will provide in private messaging (not the one in my sig). Includes tracked and insured expedited North America shipping. I will ship internationally at buyer's expense. First "I'll take it" gets priority.

IMG_0759.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0763.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG

AEB-L Slicer/Boning Knife Tuxedo Slicer

Specs

Steel: 3/32" AEB-L, 62-63 RC

Geometry: Full flat, near zero grind, ~15° per side primary edge, 20° microbevel, .012" behind the edge

Overall Length: 11"
Cutting Edge Length: 5 3/4"

Weight: 5.4 oz

Handle: OD linen Micarta, white and black G10 liners, brass tubes and white G10 central pin. Experienced afis know G10 tends to make a knife a bit heavier, but I carved a hollow into the inside of these liners which noticeably lightens the entire package. This knife definitely feels "too light" for its size and I love it!

Special features: Radiused spine for comfort appropriate to kitchen cutlery

Sheath: No sheath, or add black Boltaron or White Kydex sheath for $15, choice of taco or pancake

SOLD

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0754.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG

Last edited:
Back