15N20 Customs - Books Closed

If these are ground like the Aeb-l one you made for me whoever gets one is going to be pleasantly surprised. They cut like a demon and hold the edge well.;):)

I'm hoping so, I've got 2 on the way (just waiting for the bank so I can PayPal funds) one is for my mother's birthday at the end of November, the other for the girlfriend and I to try. All I can say is David is a gentleman, excellent member of the forum community and a pleasure to do business with.

I will make a quick disclaimer to say that while demons likely can cut better than any corporeal beings (on account of their supernatural nature), my intent was for these knives to share no other similarities with them.

Those look great David! Gives me some ideas of what you can do with handles.:D;)

Thank you Martin. I can do a little bit. Not much compared to the world class guys on here with great skills and full knife shops, but I think my handles look okay, and I know they're comfortable.

I am taking custom orders as well. I have a few of each of these "universal blanks". They are also 3/32" 15N20, and heat treated. I can customize them to just about any blade and handle shape desired, within the confines of what you see. Let your imagination run wild and feel free to get in touch to discuss details and pricing. There are a few orders on the books right now, but I have room for a few more that I can finish in time for the holidays. If you want a super slicey, super ergo knife in 15N20 at a modest price, now's your chance to get in while the getting is good.

View attachment 1440139

Also, this pic presents an example of a neck knife and EDChef in 15N20. The wharny is AEB-L, but I can make a similar design from the above blanks if so desired.

View attachment 1440138
David, just received these blades and am very happy with the whole package! The necker is thin and light with the scales used and the wharncliff is perfect for EDC. Thank you for continuing to make a great product thin, hard and sharp.;):D

You're very welcome sir, and thank you!

1604526539737386230504.jpg
My order arrived today... These little sweeties are awesome! Mine has already been put to work on some onion and potatoes. I'm also excited to see how it handles other knifey tasks. Judging by what I've seen so far it'll be great.

Onions, huh? That patina won't take long! Thanks for sharing!!

1604701181287362860551.jpg
Day 2 with the EDChef. More onions and potatoes. Loving how it cuts... Can anyone tell me how this particular steel responds to steeling? I like to hit my knives on a butcher steel after use. Just don't want to waste my time if it isn't going to work...

I don't use a steel, so I can't say how for sure it will respond. My guess is it will work like it would for most other knives. I'd love to hear back from you about your experience if you try it out.

I was fortunate enough to grab 2 EDChef knives from David - one in AEB-L and another in 15N20. I have not used the AEB-L version, but I have had some fun with the 15N20 version.

Slicing onions halves; pieces thin enough to see through:
8E514iKl.jpg

Thus far, I have quartered 4 chickens and diced through several onions and some mushrooms with it and it does quite well when cutting softer material, due to a nice toothy edge, like chicken skin, muscle. It's also a breeze through harder material like onions - reminds me of the various Japanese hand made kitchen knives I have that seem to just fall through the cut.

Well done David - thanks for continuing to make great user blades.

You're very welcome, and my thanks to you!

Greetings friends. I've cleared my order books of everything except orders on which I am awaiting materials. At this time I have a number of 15N20 and 1084 blanks in stock, and have begun making knives for the exchange, but if you have a design you've been wanting to try, which I can make for you out of these, please feel free to reach out.

For something you can have a large degree of customization with, you will find my prices to be very reasonable. Whatever your interest, I should be able to have it ready to ship within a few days of placing your order. Please contact me by email (in my sig) or PM for specific discussions about design and pricing, and I will be happy to serve you.

These are the blanks I have to work with at the moment, and I have a number of most of them.
IMG_8722.JPG

The ones with a slot instead of pinholes are the EDChef (4 inch blade - 4 of these available)) and the EDChef 5 (five inch blade - only one available of these), and they are 1/8" 1084. All the rest are 3/32" 15N20. There are also three seax machetes still available in 15N20 as well.

These blanks, as you can see, are left square so that I can turn them into just about any kind of knife you might want.
IMG_8394.JPG

And here is a shot of the ring knife so you can see the size of it in my medium/large hand.
IMG_8534.JPG

Here are some example of what I have turned a few of these blanks into, to give you an idea of what I can do for you:

EDChef in 15N20
IMG_8442.JPG

Utility knife in 15N20
IMG_8581.JPG

Neck knife in 15N20
IMG_8454.JPG

Small utility/neck knife in 15N20
IMG_8524.JPG
IMG_8525.JPG
IMG_8526.JPG

Chef in 15N20
IMG_8600.JPG

My goal has been, and continues to be, to make high performance, comfortable, and good looking knives at disposable income prices. Any reason not to take advantage of my current availability to make you the custom you've been thinking of for some time now, or some nice gifts for your loved ones (or both!)? :thumbsup::D

Here is the seax blank I have available in 15N20 (3 of them).

IMG_8724.JPG

A filet blank in reclaimed 1080 (3 of them)

IMG_8725.JPG

And I have some AEB-L available.

IMG_8723.JPG

Here are some examples of these AEB-L blanks once finished:

IMG_8372.JPG

IMG_8473.JPG

VESM5740.jpg

IMG_8510.JPG

IMG_8505.JPG

IMG_8509.JPG

Back