A Corral for Mustangs, Stallions, Ranch Hands... all that are a part the 74 Herd.

redsparrow

Gold Member
It can be a bit cumbersome sifting through several threads trying to locate photos and discussions of the various GEC 74 models. I thought it might be a good time to add a single thread dedicated to show all things 74. Let's bring out the large variety of 74s we have (even if they were previously posted) and gather the herd together into one 74 corral. All things 74 related are welcome. Eskys, Saddle Trapper, and Cotton Samplers if it's in the GEC family of 74s this corral is the place for a family reunion. I'll start with the Snakewood from DLT's SFO, one I've been thrilled to have.

Last edited:
Orange delrin stainless. Yellow Rose on order.

1f29a318b214ebdb91a59c55a3991b31.jpg

Love that orange delrin Alan!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
The Yellow Rose look great too, good choices. Be sure to show us yours when you get a chance.

Here's a 74 I don't remember posting prior to today. A Black Linen Micarta Esky.

I'm shopping for a 74 (or two :)) right now. Yellow Rose, which seem imminent or the orange camel bone!? If I only get one I'll probably hold out for the Yellow Rose, I much prefer that musky clip :thumbup:

Edit: OK! Just reserved a Yellow Rose at collectorknives! Looks like that one for sure. Now for the orange camel... It is my birthday next month :p

2nd Edit: Looks like its not for sure but I can hope!

Last edited:
Thanks red, it's perfect for camping, which they frown on in my suburban park, lol. Yellow Rose next week?

Autumn leaf jigged bone, and of course the 2012 Bladeforums trapper which I believe was also a 74.

Forum Knife Saddle Trapper, 2012
2012ForumKnife_zps81eeb801.jpg~original

Burnt Stag Saddle Trapper
5d0370aa-e693-4dd1-96ef-0d6999f9ac57_zpsvhysqrob.jpg~original

Autumn Gold Ranch Hand
1ff15aee-6620-4ceb-8b85-79bb7ed0955f_zpswwtbpl8u.jpg~original

The one I have.....so far.
You sure started with a good one!

Autumn leaf jigged bone, and of course the 2012 Bladeforums trapper which I believe was also a 74.
Beautiful photos Eric!!! Thanks for posting them. Has your 2012 BF trapper been modified?

Forum Knife Saddle Trapper, 2012
Burnt Stag Saddle Trapper
Autumn Gold Ranch Hand
Jeff, thanks for showing those I was hoping to see some of the earlier 74s!!! Do you have a favorite?

-James

Great thread James! :thumbup: I'm impressed by all the nice ones shown so far. The 74 is one of my favorites! Here is a pic of last years run of stainless Mustangs. I hope to update with a couple new ones...when they arrive!!
Mark

74 mustangs1.jpg

Great idea for a thread redsparrow.
I did a double take on the title though-
ahhh what! coral? a new exotic handle material never used before.
hang on its a Corral-riiiight.
I'm with you now.
A stampede of steel is heading this way as soon as my PC is up to speed hopefully Monday.
Or maybe I'll spell the herd awhile. I'll wait til the Spring Green straggler I just rustled comes along.
Cheers.:D

Nice 74's everyone. Great snakewood redsparrow. Nice collection of stainless models Ramrod!

I'm building up a small herd myself. Here is my latest acquisition. I've got 3 more I'll get posted up In the coral soon. ;)

When I first placed my preorder, I was curious how similar (or not) the Autumn Leaf jigged bone would be to my 92 Talon's Goldenrod jigged bone. I love how my Autumn turned out. I have an ebony Stallion on a truck somewhere right now. :)

I received this pair a couple of days ago. Got lucky and the snakewood is nice and snakey :thumbup:
74%20mustangs%2001.JPG

Back