• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ENDED - AEB-L Prevail and Trainer

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The Prevail utility knife is designed for great usefulness and versatility. This one has contoured black canvas Micarta, and dual jimping for a secure grip when forceful penetration is needed. Comes with a G10 trainer that also has contoured Micarta scales. The blade is thin and slicey at the heel, and increases in grind thickness towards the tip for a great balance of performance and durability. AEB-L was chosen for its good corrosion resistance and excellent toughness, and at 62 RC it will hold its own for edge retention as well.

More info on this design can be found:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/help-name-this-knife-design-the-prevail.1771161/

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/youre-all-carrying-your-knives-backwards.1777285/#post-20356812

Specs
Steel: 3/32" AEB-L, 62 RC

Geometry: Full flat-vex, 0.015" behind the edge, increasing to .025" at the tip.

Overall Length: 8 3/8"
Cutting Edge Length: 3 7/8"

Weight: 4.5 oz (trainer 2.8 oz)

Handle: contoured black canvas Micarta and brass tubes, strong waterproof construction on both knife and trainer. For safety, the trainer has no handle hardware, making it quickly and easily distinguishable from the live blade even while in the sheath. The adhesive bonding is more than strong enough.

Sheath: Black Boltaron included, and to be made per buyer's choice of taco or pancake. For this design, I recommend taco (my own Prevail, the Prototype in LC200N, is carried in a taco sheath). Knife and trainer will each get their own sheath.

WITHDRAWN

Please excuse me, they were still a little wet in some of the pics! Thanks for looking!

IMG_0711.JPG
IMG_0712.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG
IMG_0714.JPG
IMG_0706.JPG
IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0720.JPG
IMG_0721.JPG
IMG_0716.JPG
IMG_0718.JPG

Last edited:
Back