• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Cavalry Saber Replica - Sold!

Triton

Gold Member
I have this Cavalry Saber replica for sale, forgive me I do not recall what year pattern it is supposed to be or even country of origin.

cavalry.JPG

The Specs:

Overall Length: 41 3/8'' Blade: 35 3/8''

Blade: High Carbon Steel
Weight: 2 lb 6.3 oz
Edge: Unsharpened
P.O.B.: 8 5/8''
Thickness: 5.1 mm - 4.8 mm
Width: 28.8 mm
Grip Length: 3 3/4''
Pommel: Peened

The sword is VERY point forward as one would expect from a Cavalry weapon. It is just collecting dust in my shop so it's time to move it along to a new home. It can be yours for 85 dollars which is basically the cost of shipping it within the continental United States plus some money to drive it to the Fedex location.

I am looking for a Scottish Dirk if you wish to sell one. Or a short sword, I saw the last one you listed too late.
Thank you for doing this, it is a very nice gesture
Due to the lockdown I am kinda stuck as far as money goes, I do have a few folders to offer up for trade.

How's the quality? Sword-shaped object made of pot metal, or something better?

I am looking for a Scottish Dirk if you wish to sell one. Or a short sword, I saw the last one you listed too late.
Thank you for doing this, it is a very nice gesture
Due to the lockdown I am kinda stuck as far as money goes, I do have a few folders to offer up for trade.

Hey Zacboy7,

Sadly I have no Scottish dirks, I do have a Khyber knife you can see it in one of the pictures I'm about to post here. I can send you more pictures if it is something you are interested in...

I would certainly be willing to consider any trades either for this saber or for the khyber knife.

Here's a few more pictures as per request via pm.

Attachments

• cav1.JPG
    cav1.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 14
  • cav2.JPG
    cav2.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 13
  • cav3.JPG
    cav3.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 13
  • cav4.JPG
    cav4.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 13
How's the quality? Sword-shaped object made of pot metal, or something better?

It's a carbon Steel sword (EN45 is typical for Depeeka swords and I think that is what this is). It's just the thing if you want to try your hand at wacking water bottles in the backyard (once it's sharpened of course) or trying your hand at saber drill. It would probably look nice hung over a mantle also. In short, no it's not a pot metal decorative piece, it's a heavy (probably overbuilt) carbon steel saber. It's not an Albion or Arms and Armor piece but then it's only about a tenth of the price of those also so... :)

Back