• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD, FINAL SALE Mix of 25. Kepharts in Delta 3V and AEBL. Also DEK1 in AEBL.

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
There are 25 in today's sale here. Your choice of Kepharts in your choice of Delta 3V or AEBL. DEK1 in AEBL only. Today is the last of this particular sale here.

There is also a "fun Friday" sale with a new pattern over in our sub at 5:00.

These are some pictures people have taken of the DEK1 in different configurations.

Please be aware that some configurations are not available for sale in today's sale.

xHK3YAa.jpg

z1YHIar.jpg

The 4" DEK1 was designed as a collaboration with Lorien Arnold. It is a well made, high performance, medium size EDC utility knife that is a little dressier than most of our other offerings. The steel is Crucible CPM 3V at HRC 60.5 with a fully optimized heat treat with very good edge retention and edge stability. You'll be surprised how sharp this gets, how well it holds an edge and how remarkably durable this knife is. If you have never used highly optimized 3V this hard and thin, it will blow your mind.

A side effect of this heat treat is a higher percentage of free chromium, so although it is not stainless, it is nearly so.

This steel with this heat treat will support a fine edge, so this has narrow primary grinds and was taken under .020" before sharpening and it was sharpened 20 degrees per side. This is a fine cutting edge, but this knife is extremely durable. They're lightly hand ground after machining to give it a slight convex S grind. For a practically unbreakable knife it cuts like a laser.

It balances between the first two fingers and is intended to be carried as a practical EDC utility knife, but the DEK1 is also specifically designed to be used as a weapon with a hand grip shaped specifically to lock into the shape on the inside of your hand grip when held across the palm at an angle (saber grip) and 90 degrees to the arm when held point down, edge out, with the thumb over the butt (reverse grip) with swells, cutouts, ramps and moderate jimping assuring a very solid reliable grip that indexes into position without looking at it and does not shift around with vigorous "use". Despite lacking a reinforced point or appearing menacing, this is a serious weapon.

Price includes a good kydex sheath. We have a good general purpose sheath with TecLoc that can be configured for vertical and horizontal carry, and we have a few special variations available too.

Here are the specs:

Specs:
Delta 3V, 60-61 HRC, .160" thick at ricasso (a little over 5/32")
Total length 9.125
Blade length 4.5
Weight 6.2 oz
Edge angle 20 DPS
Grippy 3D machined scales in micarta or G10
Titanium fasteners
Hidden lanyard

These are all "field grade", machined and tumbled with tool and grind marks. However they're given a light hand ground convexed S grind before tumbling.

Basic vanilla configuration:
$308 in canvas micarta, black or natural (price includes excellent kydex sheath and shipping)

^This is a very good value for this knife and is the configuration that I recommend.

Optional add ons available in addition to plain vanilla:
Swedge (milled) $45
AEBL semi stainless steel with optimized heat treat rather than Delta 3V subtract $20
Make my titanium fasteners pretty and blue $15

Scales, substitute for basic micarta:
Black Linen micarta $10
Green and Black Linen micarta $15
Red and Black Linen micarta $15
Double Black canvas micarta $10
OD green micarta $10
Double Red canvas micarta (maroon) $20
Burlap micarta $20
OD green or Black G10 $10

Shipping in the USA is $13. Multiples do not accrue additional shipping.

Sheath is a standard pancake with Teklok. We do have a few options such as taco sheath, drop loop, and various metal clips for you folks wanting something different.

If you came here for a Field Knife or a Behemother you can place an order here and we'll pull it from our Blade Show stock. Be aware that these patterns are practically gone.

Kephart in Delta 3V $263 and AEBL with a very good optimized heat treat is $243. Your choice of black or natural micarta. There are no wood scales available at this time. Includes an outstanding kydex sheath.

YR0CGtu.jpg

The bevels on our Kephart have an experimental bi-bevel geometry. They're milled twice at two different angles to simulate a convex grind (like the original) to reduce sticking in certain small wood splitting tasks.

Unlike other production Kepharts, the scales on ours are pinned very solidly into place and can't shift around in hard use. The fit between our scales and tang is the best in the industry, they're practically perfect. This matters in a hand tool intended to be used for long durations.

To place an order stake your claim in this thread and Jo will contact you to finalize your order. If you don't hear from her by mid week next week, contact her at jocarothers at g mail dought com

^folks who are posting here to purchase a knife that don't have an email listed in their profile and also aren't set up to get PM's (because they don't have a gold membership), Jo can't contact you so you will need to send her an email

Price includes sheath (except for the Behemother) and shipping in the USA

If sales tax is due (due to your location) your order will be discounted so the total is the same as everybody else.

Shipping is already built into the price (BF policy) but if you get more than one the additional shipping will be deducted from your total.

Since these are being built to order it takes a few weeks to get everybody shipped.

Come by here for a new sale of a new pattern in two weeks.

Also, we will have the first sale of the new 5" Basic Field Knife on our sub forum in two hours. This is a limited run of a basic and affordable mid sized knife that lacks some of the details that we're known for but is built for hard work and won't break the bank. Check it out here:

Put me down for contacting about a Field Knife! Thank you. If none, count me in for a Dek1.

Last edited:
Basic DEK-1 3v in black canvas micarta and blue fasters if there are any available. If not, AEB-L is acceptable as well. Thank you

May I buy a kephart in D3V with brown/natural micarta please. thank you. will send an email

If you came here for a Field Knife or a Behemother you can place an order here and we'll pull it from our Blade Show stock. Be aware that these patterns are practically gone.

If this is in reference to the FK2. Please put me on the list.

In for a Dek1 if there is one still available ..thanks

I don't really understand how this works, or how many are taken, but if there is a Dek-1 still available I'd like one. Thanks!
It is confusing isn't it? I'm sorry about that.

This sale is for a mix of 25 knives from existing inventory. We do have a Dek-1 for you. Jo will contact people and complete their orders and we try to ship everything before the next sale in two weeks. It is kind of a dumb business model at this point but this is how I've always done it and it's working. Going forward we will probably move the Kephart and DEK1 sales over to our website.

Put me down for contacting about a Field Knife! Thank you. If none, count me in for a Dek1.
Hello Buster! I have sent you a PM but have not heard back. If you would rather, you can send me an email me, you can send an email to jocarothers (at) gmail (dot) com Thank you!
Jo

Back