Knife Models by David Mary

David - I only had an older photo, but what about the sheepsfoot pictured? I think you've made more than a couple, so maybe it qualifies?
GGNDkJwl.jpg

So help me out... The sheepsfoot knife above is a variant of several I have made with that handle shape and various blade shapes. Model name ideas?

Last edited:
I really like "David Mary's Little Lamb", though it is a bit wordy it is just so perfect. "The Bleater" might be good for some work-oriented sheepsfoot, too. And "The Bloss" for a large sheepsfoot. Hey wait, I'm catching a theme here, maybe this could be a small/med/large, Little Lamb/Bleater/Bloss, type thing. Might be silly, just what came to mind off the top of my head 😂

Really admiring all of the DM Wharncliffe and sheepsfoot knives I am seeing around, though.

Whoo, I am pumped to hear we'll be seeing more, can't wait to score myself one! 😁
While I've been greatly pleased in general by the Wharncliffe shape, I have yet to experience a proper sheepsfoot.

Whoo, I am pumped to hear we'll be seeing more, can't wait to score myself one! 😁
While I've been greatly pleased in general by the Wharncliffe shape, I have yet to experience a proper sheepsfoot.
Personally, I think the blade shape on David's piece is an improvement on the common design. His point is not is steep as it rises to the spine of the blade, thus it actualy pierces better than some "traditional" sheepsfeet due to that change/decrease in angle. Some sheepsfeet are more akin to cleavers, due to such a steep rise from the point to the spine and while still very capable and precise at piercing material, the can't pierce material (think something dense, but soft, like cheese) very deeply.

David's model is not so limited in that regard, and to me, has some design elements reminiscent of a Japanese Santoku pattern.

Wharnificent

Originally designed on the fly as a one-off from my first run of MagnaCut knives, and named for me as a courtesy by our very own Murphjd25 Murphjd25 , the owner of that very same first knife in this design. Inspired by the Spyderco Enuff, it was meant to be not much more than a handful, but a highly capable cutter for its size. Josh's original version was made from 3/16 MagnaCut, and now I am pleased to say that this design is coming back once again, this time in .140" MagnaCut, again to be heat treated by Jarod Todd. The new versions will be laser cut, and feature more aggressive hollowing of the handle, to make the finished knives light, thin and highly efficient wharncliffe cutters for your daily use and enjoyment.

1662502839915.png

Update: The first .140" MagnaCut Wharnificent has been made, for our friend Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery , and is about to go out the door. But not before I share a few pics of it here:

IMG_9681.JPG

And this is how a lefty cuts:

ETA: The owner of the above MagnaCut Wharnificent has kindly provided a review here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/wharnificent-by-david-mary.1903109/#post-21610148

Last edited:
Wharnificent

Originally designed on the fly as a one-off from my first run of MagnaCut knives, and named for me as a courtesy by our very own Murphjd25 Murphjd25 , the owner of that very same first knife in this design. Inspired by the Spyderco Enuff, it was meant to be not much more than a handful, but a highly capable cutter for its size. Josh's original version was made from 3/16 MagnaCut, and now I am pleased to say that this design is coming back once again, this time in .140" MagnaCut, again to be heat treated by Jarod Todd. The new versions will be laser cut, and feature more aggressive hollowing of the handle, to make the finished knives light, thin and highly efficient wharncliffe cutters for your daily use and enjoyment.

View attachment 1922798
Love it David. It’s a honor to have your first one.

I think your Khukri is distinctive enough to deserve inclusion, and a name.

Bill

Gurkha Gator Swamp Khukuri!

This was both designed, and named as a collaboration between Louisiana man Nick Mitchell, aka P Psycho and myself. Our forum friend is a khkukuri afficionado, having owned many instances of the famous pattern, and was kind enough to hire me to make him a new version. And since that first one, I've been asked to make more, including a hidden tang variant with a longer blade.

img_3420-jpg.1673657

img_5709-jpg.1769087

img_5710-jpg.1769539

img_5960-jpg.1786654

img_5897-jpg.1785736

img_6494-1-jpg.1822976

img_6681-jpg.1827576

img_6674-jpg.1827577

Back